Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wiring Harnesses

As most of you know, there are many different options for engine/trans wiring harnesses when doing engine conversions. I am here to offer you a few different options. I know a lot of people like converting the factory harness, sometimes have to because of a budget, but there are more options. There are a few reasons why I don't recommend going that route. Say you are to buy a junkyard 2001 5.3 with harness and all. You decide to go the cheap route and have it converted. First of all, you are starting with a harness that is already 13 years old. You have no idea what has been modified in those 13 years. You can't see inside the wires to make sure there is no internal corrosion. How many heat cycles has the harness been through? The shield around the wires is probably starting to turn into plastic. Same theory goes for all the connectors. After years of heat cycles in an engine compartment, I am sure that the connectors and seals are starting to deteriorate. Sure you are going to save some money and the harness will probably work fine, but for how long?

Solution -

Buy a new harness! Our harnesses are $750. They are 100% brand new. The wire used is the same quality as what GM uses. The connectors are real GM connectors, not a China knock off. We use a really nice nylon wrap around the whole harness, not the plastic conduit. All the wire ends have shrink wrap instead of electrical tape. We even run two extra wires through the harness so that you can connect an oil psi and water temp gauge (looks nicer). We supply each harness with a relay pack and small fuse block. Most harnesses do not have a relay that would power the harness, just a wire poking out that would get connected to power (not the right way). Our harnesses have a relay for the main power, one fuel pump, and two fans. These are not the cheap relays either. Once again they are the GM weatherpak style. Depending on which ECU you go with, there are different outputs available. We have many different harness combos available and can custom make to your standards. Here is a short list of some combos.

Red/blue (411 comp) manual or auto trans
Green/blue manual or auto trans (cruise control available)
E38
E67
MEFI 4 and 5 (more for race applications)
We can even do the new 6 speed transmissions with tap up tap down!

Quick Reply: Wiring Harnesses