Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitment questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitment questions

I'm getting ready to start my first ls swap but I ha be a few questions before I start spending what little money I have to do this.

1. If I use the flywheel spacer for a th350 application, does the starter need to be shimmed also or does it engage the flywheel properly?

2. I'm gonna be swapping into a 77 Malibu. There is no swap headers ( at least not that I saw) available for that application, so I'm wondering if it is still considered an "A" body and if so will 68-72 chevelle headers fit or is it considered an extended "G" body ( much the same way a monte Carlo is an extended "A" body)? The only thing that's throwing me off on this is the fact that they have an 8.5 rear, otherwise I do think they are "A" body but I'm only 98% sure.
Also, it seems that all ls "A" body swap headers run about $600 and up. Is this just a Nessecary evil when doing an ls swap that headers are so expensive or is there an alternative set of OEM specific headers that will fit? I do not want to go with shorties as I never believed they are much better than manifolds. I have read that 98-02 camaro manifolds work well so naturally I thought 98-02 headers would work but that's not the case.
Will truck headers work?

Quick Reply: Fitment questions