Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel line help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line help

I have a 01 lq4 I'm swapping into a 93k3500 and iI have a 255 walbro pump and all new fuel line. I also have a corvette filter but my 6.0 has a return fuel line on the manifold as well so can I just use it or do I need to cap it off and use the corvetter filter
Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

I think it would be easier to cap off the line at the fuel rail because you won't have to run a return line as long. If the filter can be returned and your rail has a fuel pressure regulator on it already then that may be a better option. I'm pretty sure the regulator on the fuel rail changes based on engine vacuum(load) so that may be an advantage operationally over the Corvette filter.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

+1 just learned about this today in class it might wear out the pump fairly quickly however

Originally Posted by fire67bird
I think it would be easier to cap off the line at the fuel rail because you won't have to run a return line as long. If the filter can be returned and your rail has a fuel pressure regulator on it already then that may be a better option. I'm pretty sure the regulator on the fuel rail changes based on engine vacuum(load) so that may be an advantage operationally over the Corvette filter.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

I will never understand people's fascination with a $50 fuel filter, when you can run a return line back to the tank and use a $10 filter. I suppose if you never plan on any kind of maintenance and will never change it, then it would be fine, but that's just me. You have to run a return from the Vette filter, so running it from the fuel rail really isn't that much more work. Capping off the fuel rail seems kind of backwards since now you'll have two regulators? Also, you'd better make damn sure that what ever you cap the line off with will hold the pressure, spraying 58psi of fuel on a hot engine equals car-b-que.....
Old 02-20-2014, 07:04 AM

Ya it was more of a over look bc I read about the swap online and ordered all the parts b4 I pulled the 6.0 out. Once I realized the intake already had a return line I wasnt sure how I was gunna run 2 return lines. Makes much more sence to use just the factory one but wanted to make sure it would take the pressure
Old 02-20-2014, 01:12 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do not use the vette regulator and cap off the return line on your truck fuel rails, unless your getting a full tune done including calibrating the fuel maps. The 99-03 truck fuel pressure regulator is vacuum referenced back to the intake and the fuel pressure changes slightly depending on manifold vacuum......so your fueling will be off if you use a standard regulator and don`t recalibrate.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Run the return line from the rail..
If you cap it off you may run into problems.

Quick Reply: fuel line help