Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny and throttle cable question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny and throttle cable question

if im gonna use a th350 and run a factory computer which normally operates the 4l60e what do i do with the wires that would normally operate the tranny?
I dont want to delete them cuz eventually i plan on adding a 4l60e. will the computer error out because of this?

also,,, do i use the throttle cable from the vehicle or get the one from the donor vehicle?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You would need to tune the 4L60e code out of the ECM and just tuck the wire away (if you don't want to delete/cut them).

You are going to have to run either a) a DBC and add a lever on the TB DBC cam for the trans cables or b) a Manual Valve body in the TH350 and shift the trans manually.

There are some others that have run a TH350.. try searching for those threads.

BC
Old 02-24-2014, 03:07 PM

i plan on putting in the BOPC type cable that hooks to the gas pedal rather than the chevy type that runs up to where the carb used to be for the kickdown.

im still confused on the throttle cable though, pardon my ignorance but whats a dbc? and which cable do i use, the cars original or the donor one?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM

DUUUHHHH!!!!

figured it out (DBC=drive by cable) brain fart.

but still, do i grab the cable and pedal from a donor or use the one on the car?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

I would grab both cable, cable bracket, and pedal. Bowtie overdrive has your kick down solved.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/ls1_cam/

From what I know you will still need the vss part of that harness. you can get the vss from Dakota digital to either hook up a cable speedometer or electronic.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

You didn't say what this is going into, but my guess is your original throttle cable will be too short and won't hook to the 5.3 throttle body so the donor one might be able to be modified to work.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lsxRanger94
I would grab both cable, cable bracket, and pedal. Bowtie overdrive has your kick down solved.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/ls1_cam/

From what I know you will still need the vss part of that harness. you can get the vss from Dakota digital to either hook up a cable speedometer or electronic.
If Bowtie Overdrives have never changed their design it won't fit a throttle body with the large side plate. It was originally designed around the early throttle body with small side plate. Maybe it has been changed.

Quick Reply: tranny and throttle cable question