Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler: ps power steering bracket for Ford pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeler: ps power steering bracket for Ford pump

My 65 mustang project is well under way and after seeking options for a power steering pump to run my fox body rack, i decided to make my own option.Rather than putting the factory gm pump on the same side as the alternator with no a/c-leaving a hole on the ps of the engine- i went with a 05-07 mustang power steering pump with remote resevoir, mounted on the passenger side down where the a/c pump used to be. My buddy the engineer took my drawing and put them into Solidworks and did some stress analysis, redesigning and came up with a pretty cool simple bracket to bolt right onto my LY6 truck motor. This allows the pump to bolt right in and use the four rib a/c pulley on the crank, and a factory gm tensioner and roller with a slightly longer belt that should only be about $10-15 at any parts store. This bracket keeps the pump low- level with the crank, and has a small pulley so its good for clearance. Only should work with the truck motors with the truck pulley but possibly could work as part of the serpentine belt system- yet to be determined. Price would be about $150each - fit, welded, powdercoated for durability. You would need a 05-07 mustang ps pump- about $50 online, a tensioner- about another $50-60, of course any remote reservoir and a hose and a belt. This WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO USE YOUR FACTORY A/C PUMP mounted to the block down low. Just wanted to see if there was interest in this bracket as i can have ten sets at a time made locally and sell them raw or powder coated black and shipped for right around $150 each. The first one is being made now and i have to test fit it to my motor and i'll post pics soon after. If there is enough interest i can have a run made of these. Perfect for fox mustang swaps that need room up high for other stuff and have some room down low like me and have no a/c. AS of now its only made for the truck motors- LY6 and should fit LQ4/9 im sure or anything with a long crank/waterpump. Just a feeler let me know your thoughts here is a quick pic. Thanks Dan. -BTW- not a business just a guy in a garage offering a new solution on a low production basis....
Attached Thumbnails Feeler: ps power steering bracket for Ford pump-download.jpg  
Old 03-19-2014, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Ok here it is! First mount was done today so i welded it together and mounted it to the motor with our 05 mustang power steering pump. Fits great and my gm tensioner fits right on the lower portion. Just need to pick up the right belt for this and run some lines. PICS!!

if anyone is interested in buying one of these let me know! Everything is laser cut and bent at the machine shop and would be welded up and possibly powder coated for $150 each. I realize most guys with mustangs are deleting the power steering though....
Attached Thumbnails Feeler: ps power steering bracket for Ford pump-img_1571.jpg   Feeler: ps power steering bracket for Ford pump-img_1570.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 05:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Looks nice! I kind of wish I'd put a Ford pump on my car with a fox body rack, the GM pump is a little too sensitive, but I've gotten used to it, and I have A/C so it would have had to have been on the left side. Anyway, good luck with your brackets, there should be a market for them.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Thanks! Yeah its a pretty specialized piece not many are going to need im afraid. We will see.

Quick Reply: Feeler: ps power steering bracket for Ford pump