Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with pcv routing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with pcv routing?

I put a lq9 with ls3 heads and intake in my 69 camaro. I am using a Nick Williams 90mm tb. I have 5 places for possible hook up or to cap off. One tube in back of intake (large), one in front of intake behind throttle body (small), one in throttle body, one in rear valve cover drivers side and one in front valve cover passenger side. I've done searching on the subject, but it seems like everyone is trying to build a better mouse trap and really can't figure out what will work and what won't. Thanks for any help!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Fresh air source into passenger side cover, before TB (probably the in TB port; look to see if port is pulling air before the TB blade) to passenger side port. Exit driver side cover through a PCV valve to behind TB port. This way, vacuum pulls fresh air through the crank case & is the proper way to run the PCV flow.

Additionally, you can run a catch can & in-line fuel filters to keep oil out of the intake. Catch can goes in the line between the DS cover & the behind TB port. Put an in-line air filter in the line from the in TB port & the PS cover & a second fuel filter between the catch can & the behind TB port. Reason; even though catch can catches larger amount of oil during WOT, there is oil mist in the air that can enter the intake if the filters are not used. Filters are not a must, but do help.

Large port @ rear of intake is for the brake booster. Plug it if not used.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! Great explanation!!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"Mouse trap"??
How about this one: http://media.wix.com/ugd/dddf24_d66a...de95961160.pdf
Old 04-19-2014, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'll add you want metered air going in. The fresh air port should be between the TB and MAF. Most GM TBs have a port on the side that routes in front of the blade.

Quick Reply: Help with pcv routing?