Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a truck AC compressor fit an F-body bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will a truck AC compressor fit an F-body bracket?

I'm in the basic planning stages of adding AC to my swap. I have the F-body belt spacing, so I need a compatible compressor. Will my truck compressor fit the bracket or will I need another compressor?
Old 06-06-2014, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm in the same boat, sorta. I have found that there are many different A/C brackets as well as compressors. The Sanden 508 bracket is about $175 and the number of ribs does not match the crank pulley. OEM compressors need a special bracket depending on that year/configuraton. OEM also need special hose manifolds to attach to the pump. Want to keep my mount low and tucked in which will be tight to say the least. Many options, and cost/problems with each. I think that the only way to go is to look at the space for your application and add up the cost. Not much of an answer but at least you know you are not the only one scratching!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by i r teh noobz
I'm in the basic planning stages of adding AC to my swap. I have the F-body belt spacing, so I need a compatible compressor. Will my truck compressor fit the bracket or will I need another compressor?
Won't fit the truck bracket, but I suppose you could build a bracket to make it fit. Or if you want to go with a Sanden, Alan Grove makes some inexpensive brackets that are pretty nice if you're dead set on keeping it low mounted.

Quick Reply: Will a truck AC compressor fit an F-body bracket?