Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor wiring question, PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensor wiring question, PLEASE HELP

well Ive gotten pretty far with my harness a little breakdown of what I have.

2004 6.0 denali truck harness
0411 pcm
Drive by cable throttle body
black square plug o2 sensors
only using front o2 sensors

my issue is with im stuck on the lt1swap site. it says to do the following:

If you have a RED/BLUE connector PCM, you CAN use this pcm on a 03+ harness (GREEN/BLUE connector) with cable throttle, with a few simple modifications. The only thing that needs changed, other then what was talked about above, is some of the oxygen sensor wiring. On the 2003+ blue/green connector PCM's, the PCM supplies a GROUND for the oxygen sensor heater's, and 12v+ comes from the fuse block. In the 99-02, power and ground is fed directly to the o2 sensor heaters. To make the changes needed to 2003+ blue/green harness, to work with a blue/red computer is this:

REMOVE: BLUE PCM connector pins: 24,27,64,67. These should all be black with white stripes. These were extra ground wires provided to the 03+ pcm so it could control ground to the o2 heaters. The 99-02 pcm does not need these. Just pull the pins out, don't cut anything yet, we need to hook these to a few other wires we pull out of the PCM connectors.

Next we need to remove the wires from the PCM connector that go to the oxygen sensor heater control. There are 4 wires, one for each oxygen sensor. If you are only using front oxygen sensors in you conversion, omit anything to do with Sensor 2.

Bank 1 Sensor 1 - BLACK/WHITE - GREEN connector pin 72

Bank 1 Sensor 2 - BROWN - GREEN connector pin 52 - after CAT o2 sensor

Bank 2 Sensor 1 - LT GREEN - GREEN connector pin 74

Bank 2 Sensor 2 - RED/WHITE - GREEN connector pin 53 - after CAT o2 sensor

Now, you should have 4 ground wires, and 2 (or 4) oxygen sensor heater control wires pulled from the PCM connectors.

You need to locate the 4 tan oxygen sensor low reference wires going into the BLUE pcm connector. If just using front o2 sensors, its BLUE pins 26 and 29. If also using rear o2 sensors, add pins 25 and 28. These wires will always be TAN and may have a white stripe. The easiest way I can think of to splice into these, is pull the pin out (REMEMBER WHERE IT GOES BACK) remove some insulation with a knife, solider on a wire, and slip some heat shrink up and past the terminal and shrink the heat shrink down over the splice. Then reinstall the pin in its original location. Leave about 12" of wire loose for each wire you splice into. Do this for all the o2 sensors you will be using.

So at this point. You should have 4 black/white ground wires loose. 2 to 4 oxygen sensor heater control wires loose, and 2 to 4 wires going to each of the TAN wires. All of these wires need hooked together in a big splice pack. First get some larger heat shrink, 1/4 or 5/16 should work. Put about 4 inch long piece of heat shrink over all 4 ground wires. Next strip off about 1-2 inches of insulation off all your wires. Start hooking them together end to end, you should be able to solider all these together, and slip the heat shrink over when done.

Now were I am stuck is it says to pull PIN # 72 & 74 out of the green pcm connector and splice together with the wires in BLUE connector in PINS # 26 & 29. ive already done this so I basically have 2 wires in PIN #26 & 29 each.

then it says to pull out of the GREEN pcm connector 24,27,64 & 67 PINS completely out of the connector??????

THIS IS WHERE I AM STUCK NOW WHERE DO I PUT THESE 4 BLACK/WHITE STRIP WIRES that trace back to ground splice packs???? do I just ground these 4 black/white stripe wires???? or do they need to go connected to another circuit? DO I CONNECT THEM ALL TO A MAIN GROUNDING POINT?

this is where I am stuck at any help would be greatly appreciated. All I have left is to tape up harness and im good to go.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Teching In

or must I wire the black/white stripe ground wires along with the 2 heater circuit wires all into thE blue connectors PINS# 26 & 29?
Old 07-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Teching In

anyone

Quick Reply: 02 sensor wiring question, PLEASE HELP