Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hiding coils under dash??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hiding coils under dash??

Just put a carbed LS2 in my '63 Chevy II and I am trying to keep the engine compartment as clean and wire-free as possible.. Im thinking about putting the MSD box, ignition coils and the bulk of the wiring under the dash to conceal them... My question is, Is there a good way to run the plug wires through the firewall?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a huge fan of clean engine bays so I have a little experience with running plug wires but never found a really clean way of running wires through the firewall.

What coil packs are you running?

I know some people build a little brick out of them and mount them around the bellhousing area and run wires up from there. I did not want the coil packs visible at all so I tucked them down in the framerails and came up with the wires.

Nice looking build.....curious if there is any space between the fan shroud and the radiator. It looks like a flat piece of aluminum right against the radiator itself. It looks very nice and compact though.

Sean
Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You could use eight of the MSD coil wire adapters. It would get really pricey and I doubt the end result would look very pretty considering the hassle.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8211

I would make brackets and mount the coils low on the firewall, on the frame, to the engine block / mounts, etc. long before I tried to mount eight coils inside the cabin but that's just me.

Quick Reply: hiding coils under dash??