Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silverado LS1 swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado LS1 swap questions

Hey there, I've done some looking and can't find any conclusive info. I'm looking to swap a 98-02 ls1 into my 5.3 silverado. My questions are: can I swap just the oil pan and pickup tube to convert the bottom? Will my converter bolt up, I'm thinking if going with a stall and they have you select between the car and truck application? Maybe that is just because of the weight of the vehicle? I plan on buying a LS1 soon, adding the 224R kit from TSP. the one im looking at is an 01 out of a camaro. just looking to consider all things needed to be prepared! Any help is greatly appreciated.

I know I will be swapping the water pump and rest of accessory's for belt system. And I plan on using my truck intake as it is DBW.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:07 AM
12 Second Club

If it's a gen iii 5.3 then its a straight parts swap and a new tune for ls1 swap. It will run without the tune change but not as well as it could.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

if you have the ls1 oilpan components, and are not gonna use them, i would be interested in the whole setup. pan, tray, pickup, and dipstick with dipstick tube. PM me if you have and are willing to sell. i'm doing a 6.0 in a 2nd gen F-bird and need the ls1 pan and components. and yes, just swap all the above mentioned parts from the 5.3 to the ls1.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Seems like a lot of cash and effort for little to no advantage,no idea why you are taking that route.Grab a 6.0 or 6.2 long block for a fraction of what that camaro motor costs,throw some heads and cam at it from the classifieds here and swap it into your truck and tune it.Go fast and save a ton of money.

Quick Reply: Silverado LS1 swap questions