Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM To Engine? Will This Work? (LS1 Into '08 S2000)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PCM To Engine? Will This Work? (LS1 Into '08 S2000)

hey guys, as the title say i need some information/advice. i know the title is crazy broad and most of you will be coming in ready to lay down the law and tell me to use the 'search' feature however i for the life of me can't find such anywhere online.

i recently performed an ls1 engine swap into my 'o8 s2ooo (link can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/s2000build2014)

anyway, the engine came from a 'oo z28 (aluminum 5.7l) and the trans (t56), pcm, and engine harness from an 'o4 gto (ls1). while i needed to replace a couple sensors to utilize the gto harness and fuel injectors (from 26lbs TO 28lbs) so the engine doesn't lean out am wondering if such will be okay running off a stock '04 ls1 gto map/tune/pcm? yes, i plan on getting it tuned BUT being i've spent roughly $15k since november re-doing the entire car as well as perform such a swap would like to drive it around town for a little. the engine does start flawlessly and am hearing nothing out of the ordinary for starters.

below here's the stock specs of an fbody engine and a ls1 gto engine ... what's the chance i'll run into any issues? any help is greatly appreciated!

1997-2000 LS1 "340 bhp" Corvette and F-body (98-00)
LS1 block, 346 CI, PCV system from the valve cover, 853 heads, 10.1:1 compression, LS1 intake manifold. 75MM TB, 73MM MAF,
Cam specs 202/210 .496 .496 116 LSA

2001-2005 LS1 "350 bhp" Corvette, F-body, GTO and CTS-V
LS1 block, some F-body with LS6 block (rare) 346 CI, PCV system from valley cover, 241 heads, 10.25:1 compression, LS6 intake manifold. 75MM TB, 73MM MAF,
Cam specs 192/207 .467 .479 116 LSA

Old 08-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming the GTO injectors at 28#, you'd be fine using the GTO PCM, maf, and base tune. Once you start changing injectors or switch variables, you want to tell the PCM so it's not over or under compensating on fuel.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as you are using all the GTO stuff like you listed with the GTO computer, you should be fine. But like you said, get it tuned! You will get the most out of it and know that it is safe!

On a side note, I love the swap. Coming from a AP1 S2000 with a built F20 (320hp), I wished I had kept it and gone LS1. I loved turning over 9000 RPMs but missed all that TQ. How did the trans fit in the tunnel? There isn't much room. What about the rear end? did you keep it stock?
Old 08-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Envy
Assuming the GTO injectors at 28#, you'd be fine using the GTO PCM, maf, and base tune. Once you start changing injectors or switch variables, you want to tell the PCM so it's not over or under compensating on fuel.
yea they're #28's but awesome, glad to know, really appreciate the feedback ... only things that aren't GTO-spec are the cam, heads, and intake manifold (currently using the '00 cam, 853 heads, and ls1 intake mani).

Originally Posted by CBM Motorsports
As long as you are using all the GTO stuff like you listed with the GTO computer, you should be fine. But like you said, get it tuned! You will get the most out of it and know that it is safe!

On a side note, I love the swap. Coming from a AP1 S2000 with a built F20 (320hp), I wished I had kept it and gone LS1. I loved turning over 9000 RPMs but missed all that TQ. How did the trans fit in the tunnel? There isn't much room. What about the rear end? did you keep it stock?
once again thanks for the feedback, this news makes me happy as i was slgihtly worried i'd need to tune it immediately (at least i know i can take it to the beach on the stock tune and store it for winter when i'll be having it tuned). but hey, fellow s2k owner! haha, the trans fit surprisingly well, just need to massage it lightly with a hammer and as of now i'll be using the stock rear/gear ratio (4.10) ... wil be upgrading over winter most likely the a '10 ss rear end as import muscle's rear diff kit utilizes such.

Quick Reply: PCM To Engine? Will This Work? (LS1 Into '08 S2000)