Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 in 69 Camaro Possibly supercharged or turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 in 69 Camaro Possibly supercharged or turbo

Okay I'm on board with the whole LS thing. My 496 is a fun ride, but not feasible to drive on long trips. I was considering a 5.3, but I am leaning more towards a 6.0 for more torque. I don't mind spending a little money on some heads, such as LS3. I have read good things about them. I also don't want to spend in upwards of 3 grand on a front drive system for the motor. Is there another option I could do?

So... what would be the best cost effective way to make this run very good and economical? A turbo or a procharger. I would like to get a complete motor with fuel injection. My plan is to get a complete motor/ecu, power steering, a/c brackets, etc. I want to run my 700R4 and lockup 3200 stall converter, as it has very little miles on it. I would probably change the cam out, and either run a turbo or a procharger, if i can find a procharger used. I don't have any experience with either supercharger or turbo. I just know it is cheap power. I will be doing all of the conversion myself. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

cost effective and economical....These are words that shouldn't be used when talking about turbo or blowers. It'll end up costing 2x minimum what you plan for.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 or 6.0

I am currently having a 5.3 installed in my 1969 GTO which has turned into year long frame off restoration. In hindsight, I should of just bought the 6.0 or better yet a complete LS1. I wanted the 6.0 but the individual who originally started the swap convinced me to go with the 5.3 because it could take the turbo better due to the thicker walls. I have been looking at superchargers and turbos for the 5.3 trying to decide which way to go. I want to install A/C in my GTO later on also.

Quick Reply: 6.0 in 69 Camaro Possibly supercharged or turbo