Sponsored by:

1967 "Trackmaro"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by beach cruiser
yes, they are on the Hovercraft pad at ACU-4 at Little Creek
I thought I recognized it. I go there all the time for work with the Improved Navy Lighterage System craft with ACB-2.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the stickers on the fenders
Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Made it to Daytona for the weekend!

The car was awesome! All the stuff from Improved Racing worked perfectly, no oil pressure dips in any of the corners and rock solid around 80 psi at Speed all weekend. Late Saturday session the ear broke off the starter some how, and we had to push start it to run on Sunday but that was minor. I got to run 5 sessions on Sat and only elected for 4 on Sunday so we could load up. The car was FAST! Stupid FAST! I ran a best lap of 2:10 with a top speed around 165 mph. I was running in the TTU group (unlimited) and was really playing in the wrong sand box, but I was still faster than most of the other TT cars in the group at large. I'll be getting the car back today. Gotta go unload it from the hauler tonight. Other than the starter problems, this is the only other damage to the car.

Seems some tire rubber took out a pretty big section of the grill. Oh well, it's racing.

Here are a couple of cars that were in the TTU group with me. Way out of my league for sure, but it was fun being on the track at the same time with these guys. In a couple of days I should be getting some pictures of the car on the track and I'll post them up.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here's the "money shot" that my friends wife took. I should be getting all the hi res pictures from the track photographer sometime next week. It doesn't look like it, but running about 165 mph here!

Old 11-17-2014, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, so the Daytona picture package arrived today, I thought I would start out with the "not so good moments" Pics

Old 11-18-2014, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Not so good is suggestive lol, looks like fun
Old 11-19-2014, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through your entire LAT-G thread and I am blown away! In an addiction…er I mean sport…that is bloated with all-show no-go big buck builds; it is really inspiring to be reminded that the proper application of brain, brawn and determination can build a machine that blows away those “more money than brains” builds! Kudos to you and congrats on all the recognition you have received, It is well deserved! Keep the updates coming. And throw a few pics of all your hard work to get the C5 hidden under that Camaro body!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here are some of the highlight pictures from Daytona
Right after I went into the grass coming back on track, I just like the profile and lighting of this picture.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

as requested, here are few throwback pictures from my build thread.

Here's some pics of the IRS Install, I made my own "dogbones" and used Vette products Camber and Toe adjustment rods, so every degree is adjustable. From the pics you can see that my front mounts for the trailing arms (dogbones) are also adjustable. I wanted to try and be able to dial out some of the anti squat that these rear ends have, I don't know if it will do any good or not, or if it will even work, but at least it looks cool! the mounts as you see in the pics are set on the stock angles. The other strugle was where to mount the sway bar, the pics are a little difficult to see, but I built a tunnel in the trunk pan and mounted the bar above the gas tank, It worked out real well, and the bar sits perfect on the frame, but changing the bar is going to require me to drop the tank. The car has the DSE mini tubs in it and that makes things fit real easily, especially the front dogbone mounts. If I had to do it all over again, I would probally mount it higher in the car, I can still get the dropped look with it, but it puts the axles on an upward angle.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

BEACHCRUISER,
Bad *** build. Where did you research the suspension specs so you could design them into your VETTE swap?

thanks,
Jim
Old 11-23-2014, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
BEACHCRUISER,
Bad *** build. Where did you research the suspension specs so you could design them into your VETTE swap?

thanks,
Jim
All over the web! I started with the contraints of the car, wheelbase, track ect... then added the fixed dimensions of the Vette components, a arms, IRS width ect... then I use some cad to locate everything to give me what I wanted for Caster, Camber, Scrub radius and all that. The IRS fit perfect, the stock front end from the vette is to wide so I had to move stuff inboard from there and compensate to get back the roll center and all the other geometry.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Changed out springs on the front today, tomorrow the rear gets some stiffer springs, hoping to get rid of the body roll I see in all the pictures. Also had some time to put on some more decals, They make you faster right? Improved Racing sent me some bigger decals for the 1/4 panel, apparently you can't read them at 165 mph! Improved makes some really cool goodies for oil control on the twisties, I have their crank scrapper, Oil pan baffle insert and Oil cooler thermostat on my car.

My Buddy sent me this Capt. Ron sticker as a gag gift for Christmas, but since I still have hair and a boat at my age, I'm honored to add him as an co driver! LOL!

Old 01-28-2015, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Finally got the Vette I've been working on sold and off my plate for a while. So now time to get back on the Camaro for all the Winter Projects! First order of business is the Oil Cooler Bypass thermostat from Improved Racing. Since several of my track events are in the colder months, I thought it would be a good idea to regulate the oil temp. Improved sent me an inline thermostat that recirculates the oil until it comes up to temp. It mounts in my #10 lines from the motor to the oil cooler in front of the car. Here's some pics of the install.

Next up is the newly rebuilt 3.07 differential to replace the 2.59 that's in the car now. Also on tap is to add some of the interior back in the car and get the weight up to 3200lbs for the American Street Car Series this year. I think I have difference to make up to add 4 12" subwoofers, 3 amps, a flat screen TV and all the door panels and dash! I'd really like to make the Charlotte event with them, but it's at a really bad time for me to commit at this point.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, so I worked on the car most of the weekend only keep running into roadblocks on each project. Now waiting for parts.
I wanted to put the original console back in the car but the new shifter was in the way, so I had to make an offset shifter handle bracket to move it over. Took a while, but it should work just fine, Still need to cut the top of the actual shifter back, but I think I'm gonna need to be drinking a lot to cut into this high dollar shifter.

New Ididit column came in and all the top end stuff I had for the steering wheel and quick release fits just fine, but the steering shaft u-joint is different from the stock unit, so I had to put that on hold until the new U-joint comes in.

Pulled the old Rear end out and pulled the Diff off of the Batwing, now just waiting for the other diff with the 3:08 gears in it to get done at the shop to bolt it all back together.

New Gauges are all ready to go into the car though! After all the interior gets painted it's just plug and play on the gauge pack!

Old 03-16-2015, 07:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

I helped one of my racer buddies yesterday scale and cross weight his car, and when we finished we threw mine up on the scales. We cross weighted it out perfectly, even dialed in a little wedge for turning right, most tracks have more right turns than left. The car came in at #3160 lbs with me in it and a 1/2 tank of fuel. It was 30lbs lighter than my friends C5 Z06 track car! Going on the dyno today to see where I am with Power to Weight, then race season starts next weekend.

A shot of the engine bay, I don't think I've ever posted one before.

Quick Reply: 1967 "Trackmaro"