Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converting to standalone help

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting to standalone help

hey guys, looking for a little bit of guidance and input on my current wiring project. I've done some searching and i couldn't pull the information i needed from what I've found.

little background on the car, its a 93 rx7 with a 2001 camaro z28 ls1, swapped using a custom engine harness made by PEZ who is no longer in business and is that first dilemma. ran into some wiring issues since the previous owner didn't do such a great job wiring and tucking everything i had a lot of shorts and eventually lost power to the ignition system along with doors, AC/heat and wipers and few other things. the harness running over the front wheels/fenders was hanging low enough to cut into the wiring i found out.

so what im looking to do is convert my harness into a standalone config to completely remove that element from everything else. i ordered the Leash Electronics wiring board along with a switch board i haven't decided on yet (leaning toward the ARC 8000).

so i looked up some info for this and found this (http://lt1swap.com/2001_PCM_CONN_PINOUT.htm) since i don't have a wiring diagram for my custom harness and cant seem to find one on the web, i know i can work off the PCM connectors. is this just a matter of cutting and splicing and running to, for example, the fuel pump. i will still need say a inline fuse and relay setup? how do i go about sizing this, or where should i look for that information. also ill be going with a custom gauge setup from Speedhut so i can tap into the sensors that are needed for that.

i know once i can get my engine harness squared away i can manage the wiring board as everything is labeled and is already fused and properly relayed.

any help or guidance would be great.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Converting to stand alone harness is pretty easy with factory harness. Repairing you custom harness made by a professional will be just as easy, because they use GM color coded wire. Repairing a "HACK" harness will be almost impossible without taking it apart if they used non-standard color code wires. They may have switched color wires when lengthening and hiding the wires. LT1SWAP.Com has every thing you need for factory color coded wires. There are schematics of each circuit of the 01 Fbody. Everything is categorized from pinouts, relays and how to mod the harness itself. Brandon's Facebook page also has step by step pics of a truck harness mod too, if you decide to use one of those instead.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Teching In

okay perfect, i know its not a modified harness but new everything and it is coded, as far as i know, with the correct color wiring.

i started today on taking apart some of the bundles, made some good progress and getting things figured out. thanks for the reply

Quick Reply: converting to standalone help