Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i have a gen 4.small 4.8 harness ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i have a gen 4.small 4.8 harness ?

first of all am new to this site so sorry if am in the wrong place asking ?s
so i just got a gen 4 4.8 eng/trans under 40k. i wanna swap that into my 87 monte carlo. i kinda have an idea of what headers, set back plates to use my question is any body on here ever use the stock wire harness and eliminated and the stuff they dont need on the swap like a stand alone harness.if so what wires did u elimante any threads on this.. thanks for any input..
also eng/trans is sitting in my dads garage so any bolts on i should look into before i start my swap??? any info or input would be appreciated as this is my first LS swap.. hence i bought a low buck LS

. i bought the engine complete so it comes with the stock harness engine/ inside hood fuse block. with wires for the headlights and stuff like that.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im doing a 5.3/4L65E swap into 76 skylark. a lot of wiring info on LT1 swap.com. i believe your using a truck harness probably as thats what i got with mine. rite now im changing wiring configuration to have everything come out behind engine. routing wire plugs for computor to put it in behind glove box, requiring shortening some/lenghthening other wires. you should be able to do same and put computor over in car somewhere as your original computor is in passenger side kick panel. you mite want to figure out things for throttle as 2003 and newer trucks have drive by wire gas pedal. to run that you need the pedal/tack box assembly as well.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 76larkman
im doing a 5.3/4L65E swap into 76 skylark. a lot of wiring info on LT1 swap.com. i believe your using a truck harness probably as thats what i got with mine. rite now im changing wiring configuration to have everything come out behind engine. routing wire plugs for computor to put it in behind glove box, requiring shortening some/lenghthening other wires. you should be able to do same and put computor over in car somewhere as your original computor is in passenger side kick panel. you mite want to figure out things for throttle as 2003 and newer trucks have drive by wire gas pedal. to run that you need the pedal/tack box assembly as well.

yea i have the pedal. ive looked into the lt1swap web site. and he does have good stuff. my 4.8 has a few different wires. I am tryn to use the OEM fuse block from the engine. which should work it already has fuse and relays for the fans fuel pump etc. so that way i dont have to make my own fuse block, right now i am tryn to find out if i can use the dash cluster from the same truck. that would be cool since it would have the miles the motor has.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87luxsprt
yea i have the pedal. ive looked into the lt1swap web site. and he does have good stuff. my 4.8 has a few different wires. I am tryn to use the OEM fuse block from the engine. which should work it already has fuse and relays for the fans fuel pump etc. so that way i dont have to make my own fuse block, right now i am tryn to find out if i can use the dash cluster from the same truck. that would be cool since it would have the miles the motor has.
You will need the BCM also.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lsxRanger94
You will need the BCM also.

Online the BcM is not expensive but I notice that it has like 5 different plugs.. So am guess I should just go to a yard and try n grab all that stuff
Thanks lsx ranger
Old 10-08-2014, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 929 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Also look into the new Holley g-body swap kit.

Andrew

Quick Reply: i have a gen 4.small 4.8 harness ?