Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel injector problems need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel injector problems need a little help

ok guys helping out a friend of mine with a 5.3 swap into a 77 nova. problem is that the plugs are firing however the injectors will not fire, and will not even prime pulse. looking around it appears the injectors keep a 12v constant and the pcm should pulse the ground to fire the injectors.. i have my 12v however i believe the pcm is not pulsing the ground, im assuming that one of the pins for the pcm need to go to ground in order to supply the ground for pulsing. anyone know which pin? or if im thinking about it wrong can someone gimme some things to check on. any info is greatly appreciated
Old 10-26-2014, 09:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

There are 8 pins for grounds to the injectors, one for each. The main ground for them is one of the two grounds at the rear of the heads. Have you verified it isnt getting a pulse with a noid light? Its very likely that they are stuck if the engine has been sitting for a while.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

havent tried a noid light however did soak them in seafoam for several hrs i will try a noid light but i think its a wiring issue. i have a ground from the front of the heads to ground on the battery is that sufficient? also the 8 pins your talking about is the low signal outputs from the pcm correct? im assuming that one of the pcm grounds has to b the low reference for the 8 low outputs from the pcm, i just wonder if anyone knows which one? pin 1 if memory correct is one of the pcm grounds. it seems to be grounded properly.

Quick Reply: Fuel injector problems need a little help