Sponsored by:

Questions regarding coolant crossover line,pvc and egr

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions regarding coolant crossover line,pvc and egr

Hey all,

Im in the process of finishing up my build. Just a few more parts away to drop the engine in on the chasis. I have a ls1 block with 243 heads mated with Fast and NW intake. Here's a few questions.

1. Coolant crossover line. The previous owner change it to one line instead of the 2 lines from the Ls1 head. Where do I route it to? some people suggest a surge tank? some route it to the water pump? and some said heater hose? What's the cheapest and best solution and how do I do that?

2. PCV line. The ls1 prone to oil consumption issues and it can be easily solved by swapping to ls6 valley cover which has internal pcv. Brand new cost is 87 bucks on ebay plus a little modification on the block. Will this solved the oil consumption issues. Will it be better of just getting an oil catch can? Moroso sells it for $125.? Will catch can fix the oil issues on the ls1 engine?

3.Will ls3 flywheel fit ls1 clutch. I bought a ls3 brand new flywheel for dirt cheap and bought a used ls1 spec clutch stage 2. Exedy tech said it will fit as long as i used the ls1 throw out bearing. I email spec and hasn't gotten any reply? Search and couldn't find a definate answer. Anyone has done this before?

4. ARP head studs vs stock head bolts. Is the upgrade really necessary for a street driven vehicle?

Last edited by laurentj23; 11-09-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: adding more questions
Old 11-09-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone?

Quick Reply: Questions regarding coolant crossover line,pvc and egr