Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MKIV Supra LS swap, needing shorty header ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 05:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always loved that generation of Supras. Around here they are rare and very expensive.

Are planning on running a turbo sometime? No need to spend money on headers when factory manifolds can be used for either application.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by etijsma
I have always loved that generation of Supras. Around here they are rare and very expensive.

Are planning on running a turbo sometime? No need to spend money on headers when factory manifolds can be used for either application.
I do plan to turbo the LS swap. I actually have done alittle recon and feel like the cx racing front mount with passenger exit might just work if I put a fbody water pump and crank pulley on the front of the engine. My other option was to just run two pis from the front facing truck manis to a divided t4 flange with 38mm bolt on gates on each exhaust runner and mount the turbo in my passenger front fender well hind the headlight. I already have a modified Borg 80mm and a ebay special gt45 67mm. I have heard nothing but good things about boosted LS's and boosted carb setups aswell.

Hole behind the headlight...

Borg 80mm I plan to use...

Turbo setup I plan to steal lol....
Old 11-11-2014, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Subd for an epic build. Always wanted a mk4, but I grabbed a z instead
Old 11-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Launching!

I didn't catch it but are to inning the truck engine and accessories? I had issues with clearing the ps pump with reversed truck manifolds that's why I chose the ls3 ones.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by etijsma
I didn't catch it but are to inning the truck engine and accessories? I had issues with clearing the ps pump with reversed truck manifolds that's why I chose the ls3 ones.
Yeah, I'm not planning to run power steering. If I do I will be using a DSM power steering pump with a custom bracket.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Got a question, I'm using the Mr. Gasket 10 gph fuel pump. I'm wanting to know if the pump will be able to suck the fuel from the tank through the stock fuel pump holder using npt of course or should I install a bulkhead fitting in the plastic gas tank and gravity feed it ? Supra gas tanks dont come cheap, so if s the ability to suck the fuel up out of the tank I would rather do that instead of drilling a bulkhead fitting into my tank.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Anyone ever get some pics of their header setups or am I going to have to buy a cx racing f body turbo kit and pull the hammer out to get it in there? lol

Quick Reply: MKIV Supra LS swap, needing shorty header ideas