Sponsored by:

Plugging Truck Intake Ports

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 06:04 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Plugging Truck Intake Ports

Putting a lm7 in a chevelle. There is a unit at the top front of the intake that looks like a solenoid with a bolt holding it down behind the throttle body, what is that for? I planed on removing it and plugging it.

Also currently the car has manual brakes but will be going hydroboost, so don't need the large vaccum port that goes to the brake booster.

Is there any good way to plug these two holes?

Considered epoxying them shut, but I would like to go turbo in the future and don't know how well that would work with boost.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

The one on top is a purge solenoid. If it isnt in the way, you can just leave it, its closed unless you put power to it. For the power brake plug, you can remove the nipple and replace it with a plug from a hydroboost truck, or just cap it.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you pm me your address ill send you the plug for the booster. I didn't use it for my swap.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:43 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremytap
If you pm me your address ill send you the plug for the booster. I didn't use it for my swap.
PM Sent!
Old 11-16-2014, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can you get a plug for the booster?
Old 11-16-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mufflerguy
Where can you get a plug for the booster?
The boost vacuum port on the intake is a push-to-connect or pushlok fitting which is a standard in the hydraulic and fitting industry. Go to your local hydraulic fitting dealer and find them. I used a Parker brand. It's a 1/2" tubing size. They make plugs for these fittings, which will go into the hole and seal. If you're going with boost, I used this port to feed my regulator and my boost gauge.
Or just grab one from a salvage yard intake from a truck with hydroboost, like many 2500 Chevys.

The solenoid up front is an evap solenoid. I took this solenoid out and just tapped it for a 1/4" npt fitting. Most of the nipples and holes can be plugged this way in these intakes.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Ryan. What did you use in this hole to transition to something for boost reference?

Quick Reply: Plugging Truck Intake Ports