Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

monster clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monster clutch question

I put a lq9 short block and a ls3 top end in my 69 camaro along with a t56 transmission. First time out everything worked great was babying the car for about 200 miles breaking things in. After about 200 miles in 2nd gear i got into it a little and the clutch just slipped (monster stage 2 clutch). Called monster and they said to run it a while to see if it grabs after a bit more break in? Well after a time it did hold but now the car shutters when slipping the clutch at take off or reverse. I just pulled the tranny and everything looks good? The only thing i can think of is they shipped a throw out bearing with the kit but i had a brand new F-body one already...they do look a little different...could that be it?? Maybe someone will have a similar experience or advice??? Thanks for any help!
Old 11-14-2014, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dondb
I put a lq9 short block and a ls3 top end in my 69 camaro along with a t56 transmission. First time out everything worked great was babying the car for about 200 miles breaking things in. After about 200 miles in 2nd gear i got into it a little and the clutch just slipped (monster stage 2 clutch). Called monster and they said to run it a while to see if it grabs after a bit more break in? Well after a time it did hold but now the car shutters when slipping the clutch at take off or reverse. I just pulled the tranny and everything looks good? The only thing i can think of is they shipped a throw out bearing with the kit but i had a brand new F-body one already...they do look a little different...could that be it?? Maybe someone will have a similar experience or advice??? Thanks for any help!
When we talked I asked for pictures when you got it taken apart, do you have them ready to email?
Old 11-14-2014, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not yet...i'll email them to you as soon as i can get pictures. I should be able to get them to you tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for your time on the phone and the help!

Quick Reply: monster clutch question