Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AR headers but which motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR headers but which motor mounts?

I really like the AR headers and want to use them on this build. Anyone know whose mounts will work with them? I have searched and even called them and they couldn't tell me whose mounts to buy.

Last edited by LS3 69 CAMARO; 12-02-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 69 CAMARO
I really like the AR headers and want to use them on this build. Anyone know whose mounts will work with them? I have searched and even called them and they couldn't tell me whose mounts to buy.
They wouldn't recommend a particular brand, or they wouldn't tell you which ones they used during the development of their headers?
Old 12-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Toddoky
They wouldn't recommend a particular brand, or they wouldn't tell you which ones they used during the development of their headers?
Nope, they just said their headers were made to fit in the stock location. That is where I get confused. From what I have read the distance between the bell housing and the heads is one inch shorter on the LS motors. So, does stock location mean the placement of the heads or the bell housing?
Old 12-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 69 CAMARO
Nope, they just said their headers were made to fit in the stock location. That is where I get confused. From what I have read the distance between the bell housing and the heads is one inch shorter on the LS motors. So, does stock location mean the placement of the heads or the bell housing?
1" set-back swap plates are typically used when it is desired to keep an old-school GM transmission in the stock location so that the driveshaft/shift linkage can remain untouched, or to provide oil pan clearance for a particular swap application; many guys swapped 1st-gen F-bodies in the past using the 1" set-back plates so the 4th-gen F-body pan would clear the engine crossmember without having to notch the pan.

There are now alternative pans on the market that fit better than the 4th-gen F-body pan in a 1st-gen, which means you don't have to resort to using the 1" set-back anymore of suffer any of the tight top-side clearance consequences of doing do.

American Racing will have to clarify for you whether they mean the engine or the trans bellhousing mating surface was left in the stock location during the prototyping of their headers.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

I just went through this.. I have the speedtech setup on a stock subframe, with 1 7/8 headers and they fit amazing. Plenty of clearance everywhere. Mine slid in from the bottom with no hassle. Pm me if you have any other questions

Quick Reply: AR headers but which motor mounts?