Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor mounts and throttle cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motor mounts and throttle cable

Here is my current mount setup. Using the original Range Rover motor mounts with an adapter plate for the LQ4 block
Motor mounts and throttle cable-mount-installedweb.gif

Problem is, they cannot handle the extra weight/torque of the 6.0 and flex a LOT side to side. Anyone know of some motor mounts that could be made to fit in there and be welded to the Rover's frame rail?
I also need a throttle cable @50-60" long to go straight from my gas pedal to the throttle body. I made a linkage arrangement under the hood, mounted to the drivers side inner fender. Problem is, when the motor flexes in a forward gear, it takes ALL the slack out of the cable with part of it being mounted to the frame! Scary until I figured it out....

Thanks as always, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Martin
Old 12-31-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used these in both my LS swaps. Have you planned on your exhaust? Looks like it'll be tight around that frame rail...
Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Launching!

I used the Hooker LS swap manifolds, as seen here
Motor mounts and throttle cable-headers.jpg

Snug indeed, but fit fine. Tighter on the passenger side, there is more room on the driver side.
The cable arrangement I am not happy with though, and am looking for a @5' long cable to go in there. Do the Lokar ones work good? Says universal on most, but found these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lo...a/instructions that claim to be for LS based engines.
Will check out the motor mounts and see if they will work. I can make my own, but the bushing part is where i would need to buy the right stuff for it. Not too hard, not too soft, etc.

Martin
Old 01-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Launching!

No throttle cable suggestions? Or other motor mount options?

Martin
Old 01-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Launching!

As an update....
I made my own motor mounts today.
Used a 1/4" plate to the block, then came off it with some 2x2x1/4"wall sqaure tubing, notched for the 1.75" DOM to sit into.
Welded the round DOM tubing to the square tubing and installed a poly bushing.
Then came off the frame with the 2x2x1/4" square tubing and went to the bushing with a 1/2" grade 8 bolt.
Tacked up, this is the part that goes to the block obviously. The outside edge of the bushing sits perfectly flush with the part that is sticking out.
Motor mounts and throttle cable-motor-mount2.jpg
Then just angle upwards and inwards from the frame to make a cradle effect bracket on each side.
Still need to reinstall exhaust manifolds and dipstick tube, then will give it a try.
Only 60" throttle cable I could find is a universal deal from Lokar so far....

Martin

Quick Reply: Motor mounts and throttle cable