Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSA GTO conversion help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LSA GTO conversion help

It may not be cost effective but i would like to pull the ls2 out and do a complete conversion to an LSA. I can get it into the car. But when it comes to the wiring i am a lost cause.

Who can i contact to get a custom wiring harness for this job?

Will i be able to reuse my RPM t56 Transmission? Do I have to go with a cts-v/zl1 style clutch/bellhousing?

These are just some of the questions. Please any advice or suggestions on how to go about this?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Bill at BP Automotive can do your harness. Others can chime in on the trans etc...

T,
Old 01-09-2015, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, apparently Harrop, down in the AU, did a monaro lsa conversion with an auto transmission. The clutch problem for me has a solution (most probably) but my worry is the electrical side of this build.

Harrop claims in a video that they were able to fully integrate the monaro's electrical systems to the LSA's 58x reluctor ignition system. But that viDeo is aimed towards the public. Anybody see any possible issues with this?
Old 01-09-2015, 07:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

As Tom mentioned, we can do the harness for ya.

We use the factory GM Fuel Pump Control Module and the Fuel Pressure Sensor when we build a harness for this. It makes the tuning SOO much easier, plus this is the was it was designed to be ran by GM.

I have no earthly idea why GMPP does not run it this way.

Now it looks like you are wanting to put this in a 2005 or 2006 GTO. There will be somethings that will have to be looked into as far as your PIM and BCM. These kinds of things can make a swap like this a little more tricky than a swap into a classic.

Feel free to give us a call if you have some questions about the harness!

Bill
270-805-1777

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491

Last edited by BP Automotive; 01-09-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: LSA GTO conversion help