Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guessing GM has made billions of harness's and few fail..taking a perfectly stringently tested harness and eliminating a few wires here and there sitting in my undies can be just as good as a $650 harness..
Old 01-29-2015, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tta656
Guessing GM has made billions of harness's and few fail..taking a perfectly stringently tested harness and eliminating a few wires here and there sitting in my undies can be just as good as a $650 harness..
We used to actually make stuff for GM years ago. They never paid anywhere close to on time though.

The problem with your statement is that they aren't always a "perfectly stringently tested harness" that is reworked and you won't know till you attempt to call them looking for tech support.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Question for Dlove, do you guys make harness's for speedwaymotors to sell?

For the small cost difference on buying a brand new harness vs what some guys are charging to convert your existing harness go with a new harness. I was suprised at how affordable it was to buy a brand new harness from BP Automotive.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by onebadbowtie86
Question for Dlove, do you guys make harness's for speedwaymotors to sell?

For the small cost difference on buying a brand new harness vs what some guys are charging to convert your existing harness go with a new harness. I was suprised at how affordable it was to buy a brand new harness from BP Automotive.
We don't make the speedway ones. I would guess they are made overseas.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a painless wiring kit for my nova 10 years ago. My first restoration mod and first time wiring a car. I spent probably an hour one the phone with different techs that were very helpful and walked me through the wiring process. There harness was made very well and laid out beautifully. Fast forward to today, im building a 64 Belair pro-touring build frame off restoration. 5.3 Gen 4 ls, dbw, s400sx single turbo, th350 ect. My standalone choice will most certainly be Painless performance!!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nasty64
I bought a painless wiring kit for my nova 10 years ago. My first restoration mod and first time wiring a car. I spent probably an hour one the phone with different techs that were very helpful and walked me through the wiring process. There harness was made very well and laid out beautifully. Fast forward to today, im building a 64 Belair pro-touring build frame off restoration. 5.3 Gen 4 ls, dbw, s400sx single turbo, th350 ect. My standalone choice will most certainly be Painless performance!!
Thanks for the good words, nasty!

Quick Reply: Stand alone wiring harness