Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally done....NO start LS2..Any help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your tach probably won't work without a pullup resistor, but you can get to that later. Have you checked the actual crank sensor for signal? I know you checked the wiring circuit. VATS will let the engine run for about 2 second so I highly doubt that would be your issue.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lsxRanger94
your tach probably won't work without a pullup resistor, but you can get to that later. Have you checked the actual crank sensor for signal? I know you checked the wiring circuit. VATS will let the engine run for about 2 second so I highly doubt that would be your issue.
I installed resistor for tach(also scan tool has rpm graph).
No haven't checked volts at crank sensor.

From 64 post;
If you have fuel, spark and compression, all about the same time, it has to run. Try and figure out which one of those elements is missing. Put a noid light on an injector plug and see what you have, you can have fuel/pressure at the rail and without a pulse from the ecm, it will not run. I know it's been mentioned, but be certain there is spark when cranking. Does your harness have 2 constant power wires at the starter B+ pole and are they attached? When you find out what you don't have, you can start working your way back from there.

Just learning about noid tool. Never seen one. This electronic world is new to me.

There is no spark while cranking, I have constant 12 volts at terminal D on coil.

I have constant 12v to computer and stays 12 while cranking.

From Big Ed;

It will be a major pain in the hind end, but you may want to go thru your pinout and plugs with an ohm meter to verify accurate pinout locations. Going to try this before I yank it out.

Thanks for the offer to help out.

If no luck soon I'll pull motor /trans out , wire it while sitting on the floor and verify everything.

Thanks for the folks who offered suggestions,
BobH
Old 01-29-2015, 07:15 AM
12 Second Club

crank sensor failure or complete failure of dbw system will result in no start condition. Since you have no spark or codes, crank sensor may be your issue.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

You're missing one 12V power source somewhere. Find that and everything else will have it's required power.

I'd agree with the others, that harness needs to be shot one wire at a time and verified first. If it's OK end-to-end, wire by wire, then you're simply missing something that the ECM needs. Remember, a lot of the control to\from the ECM is Ground based, not power based signals.

I too wish I could pop over and help! I went thru a similar issue for a few days and just had to stick it out and keep the DVM warmed up. I finally found my resolution.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump to get Bob some help!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any progress, Bob?

Tipsy
Old 03-13-2015, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you confirmed you have 12V to the ECU when cranking? The ECU needs to see 12V when cranking and in the ON position.

Quick Reply: Finally done....NO start LS2..Any help