Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Line Type

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Line Type

I checked the fuel injection forum and found some conflicting answers on this. Has anybody here plumbed their restromod with flexible fuel line... tank to fuel rail? What did you use? Summit has their 6an kit with braided hose, but the rubber inner liner don't hold up well with ethanol blends. I may use it anyway, but I was wondering what others on here have use. Thanks
Old 01-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This subject has been discussed many times, a quick search will bring up results. This is the most recent discussion. Hope it helps.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:43 PM
nsm
Teching In

Originally Posted by blswan
I checked the fuel injection forum and found some conflicting answers on this. Has anybody here plumbed their restromod with flexible fuel line... tank to fuel rail? What did you use? Summit has their 6an kit with braided hose, but the rubber inner liner don't hold up well with ethanol blends. I may use it anyway, but I was wondering what others on here have use. Thanks
hey balswan i have installed a tank to fuel rail connecter nylon tubing with all push on connecters from S.U.R.& R. on my 66 c10 5.3 4el60 under bed tank a snap to install sorry no pics yet
Old 01-31-2015, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by nsm
hey balswan i have installed a tank to fuel rail connecter nylon tubing with all push on connecters from S.U.R.& R. on my 66 c10 5.3 4el60 under bed tank a snap to install sorry no pics yet
After reading through the link from Mike I think I would like to go nylon too. The braided rubber looks nice but the rubber breaks downs. The PTFE fittings are a pain. I think the nylon looks quick and easy. My only concern is protection of the line and heat in the engine bay. Would you post pics of yours when done?
Old 01-31-2015, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default fuel line

Looks like I'm the only one that used 3/8" brake line!!! The olive drab SAE line at Auto Zone seems a little softer, easy to bend and a dream to double flare. I put a bubble flare on the end and add barbed fittings and attach FUEL INJECTION rubber hose to the fuel rail. The fuel injection rubber hose is a little pricey but never had a problem with it breaking down from fuel additives.

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Type