Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consulting on LS3 into old school

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consulting on LS3 into old school

Hey guys new here planning on swapping an old LS3 into an el Camino I have just collecting rust. Do you guys have any tips? I watched this video and can't believe how easy these swap kits make it, check it out! http://stories.madcards.com/2185/696...tRodGarageEp11
Old 01-28-2015, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the FAQ at the top, there are post with build threads for A-Body swap (as well as X and F Body)

Now a days, it is pretty straight forward as you can buy all of the parts to drop it in, in no time flat. I would suggest you look in to a Kit that is match with mounts, cross member and headers that are designed to all work together.. Mixing and Match can cause fitment issue. I highly recommend the Holley kits and with the 302-2 oil pan.

Research the A-Body swaps and then ask your question is sections and we will be glad to help out. Fuel systems and Electrical harness are key area to research to see which path you take.

BC
Old 01-28-2015, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 929 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by muscleman1
Hey guys new here planning on swapping an old LS3 into an el Camino I have just collecting rust. Do you guys have any tips? I watched this video and can't believe how easy these swap kits make it, check it out! http://stories.madcards.com/2185/696...tRodGarageEp11
There are plenty of ways to skin a cat. I like what they did on the Hot Rods Garage segment, but they completely glossed over the transmission electronics.

There have been numerous A-body swaps, including mine, so do some reading.

Andrew
Old 01-28-2015, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=bczee;18640401]Check the FAQ at the top, there are post with build threads for A-Body swap (as well as X and F Body)
. Mixing and Match can cause fitment issue. I highly recommend the Holley kits and with the 302-2 oil pan.

Yep good tip by bczee. Go with a complete kit such as Holley. Also customer service from Holley is top notch. DO NOT go with the BRP/Hedman kit. Unless you want a nitemare of a problem. Ask me how I know. Rich

Quick Reply: Consulting on LS3 into old school