Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

push connect fittings for bosch 044?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default push connect fittings for bosch 044?

I posted in fuel forum and maybe should have posted here first, anyway, I'm wanting to make an entire new fuel system using all stock type fittings, push connect fittings and nylon fuel hose, (no shiny stuff here) and I'm trying to find fittings to put on some bosch 044 pumps, fuel pressure regulator, and a sump outlets in a fuel tank. Any insight is apreciated
Old 01-29-2015, 05:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used these on the pump to get 6 AN in & out http://www.jbtuned.com/products/bosc...-fittings.html
Then these on the AN fittings to go to the 3/8" PTC fittings & nylon line http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS6-Fuel-line-3-8-Push-Connect-to-6-AN-Female-/281291998924?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417e4f46cc
Old 01-29-2015, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, does that way with the check valve on the bosch pump?(I don't pysicly have one yet, just going of pics) Thinking it's really not needed since the stock pcm's prime the fuel system before startup? (Thinking of drain back of fuel)
Old 02-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slocaddy
Thanks, does that way with the check valve on the bosch pump?(I don't pysicly have one yet, just going of pics) Thinking it's really not needed since the stock pcm's prime the fuel system before startup? (Thinking of drain back of fuel)
Yes using those fittings gets rid of the check valve on the pump. I dont have the check valve on mine and have no issues with starting

Not the best pic of mine, but all I can find at the moment
(Pump inlet on left w/prefilter, outlet on right w/ AN to PTC adapter)

Old 02-02-2015, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the pic, so it seems like there is no "direct" push connect adapter? Anybody know of different high volume in line pumps that could be used besides walbros or the big singles? (Aeromotive, ect) this is to be a street car.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alowerlevel
Yes using those fittings gets rid of the check valve on the pump. I dont have the check valve on mine and have no issues with starting

Not the best pic of mine, but all I can find at the moment
(Pump inlet on left w/prefilter, outlet on right w/ AN to PTC adapter)

A heads up... that is a clean setup, but the pre-filter has very small surface area and can plug easily. If you take it apart, you'll see (i'm 99% sure) a round cross section screen that just bisects the filter housing as opposed to folded up filter media. I had problems with my pref-filter plugging up on a past project.

Another heads up for the OP... you can get the 044 pumps from 90s mercedes benz. I have a '92 500E (aluminum, VVT, 32 valve 5 liter V-8 340 horse. .. kind of like a Ford Coyote motor, but 20 years ahead) and it runs 2 044 pumps in parallel. I use one of those on my L92 conversion (405 horse 6.2L out of escalade).

I'd trust a good used OEM pump than the chinese made junk. They also come with rubber isolated mounts. I bought the pair of pumps with the mount for $100 shipped from a Mercedes forum. I kept the second pump on the mount, but plumbed / wired only one.

See attached. Hope that helps.
Doug
BTW - I did not use the check valve either as posted above for the same reason (PCM primes) without issue. I made my adaptor with a -6AN male steel bung and TIG welded to the OEM threaded pump outlet.
Attached Thumbnails push connect  fittings for bosch 044?-img_0101.jpg  

Last edited by DW SD; 02-02-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

That's right, the 044 has been in use for many years on European cars including Volvo. They can get very loud as they wear out and mounting them with rubber is a must. They are very old school but work well, I have read they have 340 LPH capability but have never been able to verify it. Lots of Chinese copies on ebay.
Attached Thumbnails push connect  fittings for bosch 044?-20140310_000110_resized.jpg  
Old 02-02-2015, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was suprised when I was seeing them for about 50 bucks, then I realized they were fakes. The cheapest genuine bosch pumps I saw were about 100 bucks, seems pretty reasonable I'm wanting to run two for a turbo setup, one constantly,and one with boost.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DW SD
A heads up... that is a clean setup, but the pre-filter has very small surface area and can plug easily. If you take it apart, you'll see (i'm 99% sure) a round cross section screen that just bisects the filter housing as opposed to folded up filter media. I had problems with my pref-filter plugging up on a past project.
Yeah that was just a temporary setup to catch any crap that I might have missed when cleaning the tank after I welded the sump on it. But your right about it just being a cheezy little round screen that plugs up easily.

Originally Posted by 64post
That's right, the 044 has been in use for many years on European cars including Volvo. They can get very loud as they wear out and mounting them with rubber is a must. They are very old school but work well, I have read they have 340 LPH capability but have never been able to verify it. Lots of Chinese copies on ebay.
Heres a flow test on the 044 and some other pumps as well http://radiumauto.com/media/techarti...l-Pump-Test-87

Quick Reply: push connect fittings for bosch 044?