Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1985 c4 Vette ls6 engine vetteaid cluster speedo & Tach wiring HELPPPPPPP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 c4 Vette ls6 engine vetteaid cluster speedo & Tach wiring HELPPPPPPP!!!!!

85 c4, LS Engine Vetteaid cluster, Which wire for Speedo and Tach HELPPPPP Please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Fello Forum Members.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so please pardon me!

I have a 1985 c4 vette that I put a Brand new 6.0 LS engine in. I ordered a Vetteaid 6 gauge cluster. I have been beating my self to death trying to figure out which color wire coming from the factory connector that I need to tap into for the Speedo and for the Tach. Jody at vetteaid says The white wire for the speedo and a yellow with black stripe for the tack! THERE IS NO YELLOW WITH BLACK STRIPE, JUST YELLOW!! I've tapped into both and get no movement from either gage. If any one can show me or tell me which wires, I would surely appreciate it. I'm racking my brain, not to mention I'm tired of pulling that cluster in and out. It aint an easy task!
Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Stock trans or updated as well? What harness and ECM combo are you using?
Old 02-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the VetteAid cluster plug directly into the stock dash harness, if so there is a white wire near the wiper motor that has a resistor on it. that the tach wire the shoud go to the ECM, but remove the resistor then you need to calibrate the tach by changing the setting in the ECM or buy a unit from Dakota Digital that will calibrate the tach. From to speedo you will need to change the VSS to a 40 tooth reluctor and getaa SGI-5 from Dakota Digital also. I don't have a VetteAid dash but I was talking to them about purchasing one and they said it was a plugin deal.
Randy

Quick Reply: 1985 c4 Vette ls6 engine vetteaid cluster speedo & Tach wiring HELPPPPPPP!!!!!