Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sn95 swap. v6 and GT differences.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default sn95 swap. v6 and GT differences.

So I'm looking at doing an sn95 swap. 99-04 car to be specific. I'm probably going to pick up a running car and use it as a daily while I collect parts. Also I figured I could do all the suspension and rear end stuff while I drive the car before it comes apart.

So here's my question since I'm eventually going to change everything out and don't have a ton of cash to start with can I pick up a v6 car to start. Seems like I can pick up a clean low mileage one for cheap money. More specifically is the suspension and stuff the same so that I can start with subframes, coilovers, LCAs etc. while it's still in v6 form. And do the 8.8 swap while still a v6. Then down the road yank the motor and trans for aje parts, ls2, th400.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GarrettM
So I'm looking at doing an sn95 swap. 99-04 car to be specific. I'm probably going to pick up a running car and use it as a daily while I collect parts. Also I figured I could do all the suspension and rear end stuff while I drive the car before it comes apart.

So here's my question since I'm eventually going to change everything out and don't have a ton of cash to start with can I pick up a v6 car to start. Seems like I can pick up a clean low mileage one for cheap money. More specifically is the suspension and stuff the same so that I can start with subframes, coilovers, LCAs etc. while it's still in v6 form. And do the 8.8 swap while still a v6. Then down the road yank the motor and trans for aje parts, ls2, th400.
My build is with a v6 car. Other than the rear end and brakes I haven't found any real differences.

Before

After
Old 02-09-2015, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

What are the break differences? I was just figuring on doing one of the upgrade kits from American muscle. Rotors, braided lines and calipers.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by GarrettM
What are the break differences? I was just figuring on doing one of the upgrade kits from American muscle. Rotors, braided lines and calipers.
`99-04 has the lighter PBR aluminum calipers up front, that's a good thing. You just need an 8.8 from a `94- 98 GT or `99-04 GT, the earlier being 1"+ narrower. Those cars can be had for cheap right now.

Last edited by 64post; 02-09-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exactly. I can find one mint for pennies. Figure I will drive it daily, do full suspension, 8.8 swap, brake upgrade and get all the body stuff done like termi bumper and cowl hood. Then save for the motor, trans, electronics etc. and do them all at once. Have the best handling v6 on the streets lol

Quick Reply: sn95 swap. v6 and GT differences.