Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd-gen F-body guys - please help me out??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation 3rd-gen F-body guys - please help me out??

Hey guys, I know that it's been freakin' FOREVER since I've been around (and I'm really hoping to change that soon), but I'm seriously hoping that a few of the people who have done 3rd-gen F-body swaps can post pictures of the clearance around their oil pans - primarily the left & right sides, rather than the tight clearance at the front. (I have a picture of the tight clearance at the front in my own build thread, post #100, but it just doesn't show much of the side clearance.)

AND, it would be VERY MUCH appreciated if it's possible to get the pics up no later than mid-day Thursday - since I'm meeting with someone on Thursday evening, & that clearance is going to be important for that meeting.

Finally I want to say 'thank you!' in advance - I really do appreciate it.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

What system are you going to use?
I have the hawks SW system: 2" primaries, 3" collector, 3.5/4" single outlet.

Bad fitment before I took to a shop:

Pass side fitment it terrible: here you can barely see the collector under the car. But again, these are 3" pipes around the 4L65e.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Not my car here, just using the pic to show what I did for fitment - same system.
Black lines I sectioned to get better fit/placement, red lines is where I scalloped the frame rail in order to pull up the pipe better, green dot is where I welded on strong stud collars to bolt the trans cross-member side-to-side instead of bottom up (modded cross-member attach point, too).
Old 02-11-2015, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

My car again with the pipe fitted properly. Don't have any pics of the scalloped rail or trans cross-member attach point. It's under a blanket.

Quick Reply: 3rd-gen F-body guys - please help me out??