Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/4L80e build for 1993 chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4/4L80e build for 1993 chevy truck

Hey guys, I've came here for real advice on how to build this motor and tranny. I'm looking for specific parts and spec information to use that will be best for my use of the truck. This build is going to be my DAILY DRIVER since i will be investing all my money into it. i want big power also for a weekend warrior and a red light monster...the motor is a 2003 LQ4 out of a 2500hd chevy(i have everything, as in the whole truck). The motor threw a rod so ill be doing a complete rebuild! My main goal here on this build is turn key reliable, reasonable gas mileage, and fun! I have $8k to play with on this build. The truck im putting the motor in is 1993 v6 c1500 regular cab shortbed Chevy. Make it Loud and mean sounding screw my neighbors i want people to have the shocked looked and wow face when i pull up like whats he got!

Thanks guys for any help for i know it takes a lot of trial and error too understand whats best and that's y i come here...for the best
Old 03-29-2015, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome on site. some of these are in conversion the motor stuff can look into motor section. 6.0 arent known for gas milage. but you have to give somewhere on power or milage.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

If you are going to keep it NA put flat top pistons in like the LQ9 to up your compression since you are rebuilding anyways. Schoenfeld makes headers to fit you truck if it is 2wd.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah its 2wd awesome info on headers thanks! When you say NA whats that mean? Im a stooge on terms. Sorry lol.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

What about a .30 bore with forged 408 stroker kit from a reputable company...could i still use the 317 heads what would i need to do to the heads? And what intake should i use. Ive read ls6 or 3...idk
Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TexomaMan_X2
Yeah its 2wd awesome info on headers thanks! When you say NA whats that mean? Im a stooge on terms. Sorry lol.
NA means Naturally Aspirated (no turbo or supercharger).

I'm in the process of planning a 5.3 into a 89 mustang swap. If you look around this "conversions & hybrids" section, you'll find some really good info. There are guys making really good, reliable horsepower with a single turbo on the 4.8/5.3/6.0 engines. I plan to pull a 5.3 from a truck at the local junkyard & just replace the cam, valve springs, head gasket, and add head studs. Then going to put on a turbo kit from On3 Performance with a 76mm turbo (i think On3 Performance is a site sponsor).

Just my 2 cents, but i'd go that route (turbo) rather than bore it and/or do a stroker. Search on here for 6.0 turbo builds. They make LOTS of power. I think that would definitely meet your goal of shocking other vehicles on the street!

Oh, and check out this page for TONS of great info...https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/ Go to the left side of that page and click on the Fairmont 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, & 5.0 builds...very cool stuff

Good luck & welcome to the site!
Old 04-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks! I will definitely look into turbo 6.0 as an option

Quick Reply: LQ4/4L80e build for 1993 chevy truck