Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240 sx Turbo 5.3 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 240 sx Turbo 5.3 questions

Hi , new to the forum and can't seem to find the info I am looking for . I am swapping a 2005 lm7 with a single turbo into an s13 240sx and have questions about using the truck or factory style manifold backwards .
I purchased f body front accessories and have the engine on the stand . I spun the manifolds around and the passenger fits well ( without the a/c of course ) . But with the f body alternator the driver manifold hits it . Is there a spacer for the manifold I need to look into ? I looks as if it would need spaced out about an inch at least to clear the alternator . But I am then worried about hitting the frame. I am aware there is a couple different alternator relocation brackets but I am then worried about hood clearing issues as most of them locate it to the passenger side head . I know there are different style manifolds , ( from the truck , ls6 , gto , ect ...) I don't really want to cut and weld v bands on the ends unless there is no other option . if anyone has any info On the route or combo I need to look into I would greatly appreciate it . Thanks in advance for the help
Old 05-21-2015, 09:07 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech!

You'll find better help here in the conversions section.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:21 PM

Thank you . sorry for posti fin the wrong area.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:26 PM
Launching!

i believe huron speed products sells a set of vband manifolds to work with factory alt and ac. I ended up cutting my stock truck manifolds and welding on vbands to get them to clear the alternator.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 PM

Ok cool , I assume they have no clearance issues to the frame ? How far back did you cut to get the v band to clear ?
Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

You need to decide how important PS is too you. the chassis is light enough where its not really needed to run it. I opted to keep it but had the pump re-geared so it doesnt over power the chassis. But it is a lot easier to put the alt on the upper driver side and will give you a lot more clearance for the turbo and piping on the pass side. I also used c6 manifolds flipped forward, they flow the best from what i was told and the truck mani hit my frame unless you cut the flange off and weld a vband on. I hope i was some sort of help.

Quick Reply: 240 sx Turbo 5.3 questions