Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walbro 400lph

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Walbro 400lph

I have done a search and have seem some info on the various Walbro in-tank fuel pumps. I am about to commence an LS3 installation into an VK Commodore (old Australian car for those who don't know). In terms of fuel supply I did plan on fitting a Walbro 400lph in-tank pump and the trusty Corvette fuel reg/filter. After buying the pump I noted Aeromotive caution against using the this fuel reg with fuel supply exceeding 250lph. My HP output should be around the 460 - 500 mark. Has anyone used this combo and experienced any problems?

thanks in advance...
Old 07-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

I am putting in the same combo for my supercharged L92 setup in my 72 Camaro. Tanks Inc sells both as part of their systems and I don't see any warning from them, hoping it is not a problem as I believe plenty use this and vette guys who up the power I don't think swap filters out. Would love to hear for sure.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,490 Likes on 930 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by TTVYSS
I have done a search and have seem some info on the various Walbro in-tank fuel pumps. I am about to commence an LS3 installation into an VK Commodore (old Australian car for those who don't know). In terms of fuel supply I did plan on fitting a Walbro 400lph in-tank pump and the trusty Corvette fuel reg/filter. After buying the pump I noted Aeromotive caution against using the this fuel reg with fuel supply exceeding 250lph. My HP output should be around the 460 - 500 mark. Has anyone used this combo and experienced any problems?

thanks in advance...
With your HP level I see no reason to run the 400 Walbro pump. A 255 pump will more than do the job. I have one in my GTO (about 500hp) and in my Cougar (about 400hp). Running a bigger pump than is needed will only result in a lot of unused fuel being routed to the tank and also heating up the fuel (both bad).

Andrew
Old 07-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
With your HP level I see no reason to run the 400 Walbro pump. A 255 pump will more than do the job. I have one in my GTO (about 500hp) and in my Cougar (about 400hp). Running a bigger pump than is needed will only result in a lot of unused fuel being routed to the tank and also heating up the fuel (both bad).

Andrew
Thanks and noted. I already bought the pump before doing my research. Oh well I may just have to increase the HP....

thanks for the responses.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The reason I went to the Walbro 400lph fuel pump is that it is a lot quieter than the 255lph pump. I cannot hear the 400 pump running at all. The 255 pump is noisy in comparison. I am also using the Corvette fuel reg/press unit.

Everything is working out just fine in my car.

Quick Reply: Walbro 400lph