Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Wire Harness

What wire harness are most of yall using and what makes one harness better than the other? Price isn't a concern for quality. I was in the market of buying the GM performance harness just because it was a GM product and i learned over the yrs that the dealer stuff works better, plus it comes with everything you need. Do anyone have any feedback on that product or whats the best overall harness to run with
Old 10-05-2015, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,490 Likes on 930 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

What engine do you have?

Andrew
Old 10-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

ls3, i dont want something that may be outdated in a few yrs. i know msd has a unit u can program with there pre settings just like holly and then you have the stand alone harness that needs to been toned on the computer
Old 10-07-2015, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Not sure what you mean by outdated since the LS platform has already been replaced.

A couple popular harness vendors here on LS1tech are Speartech and BP-automotive.

http://www.speartech.com/

http://www.bp-automotive.com/LS1_Wiring__Harness.html
Old 10-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My harness was made by Speartech, I would definitely recommend them. I chose Speartech because they offered different length harnesses for putting the ECM under the hood or longer one for putting it in the stock location under the dash with stock wiring routing. Having a longer harness for stock wiring routing was important to me because I wanted a stock appearance and didn't want to make an extra hole in the firewall. I also like the covering they use on the wires(techflex braided covering) some others use cheap convoluted tubing. Speartech can also put a baseline tune in the ECM to get you started and running too.

There are several other well known vendors that build quality harnesses. Call/Email a few and see what options they offer and see which one offers what you need. My experience with Speartech was top notch.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

outdated meaning the system that come pre loaded where you don't need a computer to tune it. seeing how they are always making new things every year to work on a car and then you find out the tuner isnt updated with the newest parts you have

Quick Reply: LS Wire Harness