Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 silverado LM7

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 silverado LM7

I am trying to wake up my 5.3 with some performance mods which has led to many questions.

Currently I have cold air intake, Granatelli mas airflow sensor, and cat back exhaust.

I just purchased a BBK intake manifold #50045 as it said it was for my truck, come to find out it is a LS1 intake? Or maybe I misunderstood what I have been reading?

question 1: If this is a LS1 intake manifold I will need LS1 fuel rails, yes? What else would I need to make this BBK manifold work? Injectors? Accessory drive kit? I read to "stay away from the car intakes as the shorter runner will sacrifice torque and that's what makes these pigs move out. You simply don't move enough air for any of those". Am I screwing myself by swapping out my factory set up?

I am purely trying to make my truck run stronger, better, louder ect...
Seems I may have run out of bolt on upgrades if the throttle body and intake manifold is a no-go
Old 10-21-2015, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Longtubes will be a big help. The truck intake flows pretty good... I wouldn't go through the trouble of changing to the LS1 style intake unless you were doing a conversion swap on something else :-P

ETA: I just realized I was browsing the Conversion section.. lol What do you have the motor in? Cam swap?
Old 10-21-2015, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The motor is in my 2004 silverado. I REALLY really wanted to cam it but I just hit 100k and I have been turned away from putting a cam in a motor with such high miles. I was disappointed to hear that.

So would I get anywhere buy putting a aftermarket throttle body on my factory intake or would that be a waste of energy?

I am going back and forth between the Dynatech long tubes, American racing and Kooks as we speak. I will be getting a set ordered tomorrow as soon as I finish my homework on fitment.

Thanks for the info man!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I wouldn't be scared of a 100K LS motor. If the eng. seams to be in good shape, cam,springs and hardened pr. If you look at junkyard search engines (www.car-parts.com) you will see these engine go over 300K no problem.

Fuel inj. and OD tranys has helped modern engines go crazy miles.

Quick Reply: 04 silverado LM7