Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap into '03 4.3 Silverado engine harness question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow LS1 swap into '03 4.3 Silverado engine harness question

I'm swapping a heads/cam LS1 & TH400 from a 2000 Camaro into a 2003 Silverado that currently has a 4.3/4L60E in it.

What's the best route to go for the engine harness? I have a complete harness from a 2002 truck. I'm just concerned/curious how the pre-03 harness will interface with the '03 trucks body harness and fuse box...wanting to keep it drive by cable with the LS6 intake, so the 03+ DBW truck V8 harness isn't really an option. I'm using the F-Body electric fans as well.

The swap is more or less bolt in and go after i build a trans crossmember, just wanting a heads up on the wiring issues i may face if anyone has any experience. All the 4.3 to V8 swap threads i see involve using truck engines and same-year harnesses so its all plug & play.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2015, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe frame side of mounts are different/ location different as well. I haven't done the swap but using older harness, gas pedal should work. May need to repin some harness stuff different.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 76larkman
I believe frame side of mounts are different/ location different as well. I haven't done the swap but using older harness, gas pedal should work. May need to repin some harness stuff different.
Yeah I already picked up a set of mounts from the salvage yard.

I'm just worried about making the harness interface with the body harness. There doesn't appear to be any similarities between the two as far as that's concerned. I just don't want a bunch of brake/abs lights and the gauge cluster not work.

Quick Reply: LS1 swap into '03 4.3 Silverado engine harness question