72 F-250 ls1 and 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DW SD
Hey James,
Glad to help.
When you have a cold beer handy you could sift through these: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0855Z2WMGOKzTn
I'm most proud of the triangulated 4-link I designed and built. It made a tremendous difference in ride quality and the truck hooking up.

cheers,

Doug
Beautiful pickup! Someday I'll build myself a four link and air bag it. Just want to get it reliable for now.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jameslt1TA
Beautiful pickup! Someday I'll build myself a four link and air bag it. Just want to get it reliable for now.
Thank you!

Totally get it. I did the same thing - I did my project in stages too, so I could keep it from being too many hours away from being back on the road.

Until the leaf - spring ride (I had a mono-leaf) became unbearable and axle wrap limited use of anything over 1/2 throttle (not sure which was worse!)

Cheers,

Doug
Old 04-27-2016, 07:49 PM
11 Second Club

Man, that is just bad ***. I have my grandpa's old 1972 F250 sitting in my driveway.....
Old 04-27-2016, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Thank you!

Totally get it. I did the same thing - I did my project in stages too, so I could keep it from being too many hours away from being back on the road.

Until the leaf - spring ride (I had a mono-leaf) became unbearable and axle wrap limited use of anything over 1/2 throttle (not sure which was worse!)

Cheers,

Doug
I've heard those mono leafs are terrible for that. I swear my overload springs act like traction bars or whatever there called. I can foot brake it a bit let off and it floor it. I'll get a bit of spin but no wheel hop whatsoever. I was thinking of leaving them off but glad I didn't. Then again. It's a stock motor that needs tuned and I'm at 5000+ elevation. So it's not like I'm making a whole lot of power.

I mainly want bags so I can drop it down further or raise it a bit. It will rub the outside passenger fender if turning sharp and I hit a small bump. And not to mention the ride quality of air bags.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black02-z28
Man, that is just bad ***. I have my grandpa's old 1972 F250 sitting in my driveway.....
Thanks! And do it lol. You should have seen the look on my grandpa's face when I took him for a ride in his old pickup.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Well I finally decided that I need to get rid of the cab behind the seat. I took some measurements between the frame and the bedside by the aux tank filler neck and went looking for a tank. Well it turns out that tanks Inc makes a tank almost exactly made to fit there, even though it was just a universal one. It will be nice to be able to corner and not have the pickup die a half mile after the corner.

Too bad it's spring time here. Can't decide if I want to try and drive to the shop or not.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Those wheels MAKE that truck. Killer build man
Old 04-30-2016, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by static low 92
Those wheels MAKE that truck. Killer build man
Thanks and I'd have to agree. I had some other wheels picked out and as I was about to order them I saw these and changed my mind. They didn't come with enough backspacing for the crown Vic swap and wasn't sure they were going to fit. I said hell with it ordered them anyway and figured I'd go with a mustang II front(narrower) if they didn't fit. They actually fit pretty good and only rub taking a hard right with 3 people riding and hitting a bump.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Glad to hear of your replacement tank. An in tank pump will solve your problems completely, I'm sure.

If you can adjust the front camber (more negative, tops in), you'll probably eliminate the rub completely.
Even one degree more can make a significant difference.
Doug
Old 05-01-2016, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Glad to hear of your replacement tank. An in tank pump will solve your problems completely, I'm sure.

If you can adjust the front camber (more negative, tops in), you'll probably eliminate the rub completely.
Even one degree more can make a significant difference.
Doug
Oh cool I'll have to try that.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Went a head and made the universal tank fit in the back. Just had to remove a cross member and drill a hole in the bed to fill it. I think that it will work best back there. It all works and I've started the pickup. Hopefully I'll be home tonight to install the carpet and put the seat back in.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Tank looks good! Glad you got things up and running again.

Is there a crossover pipe for your exhaust? Supposedly, might add a bit more torque. And alleviate any resonance.

Doug
Old 05-08-2016, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Tank looks good! Glad you got things up and running again.

Is there a crossover pipe for your exhaust? Supposedly, might add a bit more torque. And alleviate any resonance.

Doug
Nope no crossover. Im still up in the air if I'm going to bag it someday or not and I don't think there would be room if it went lower. It's between that or building the motor a bit bigger someday. For now I'm just happy I completed a swap and it runs haha!

I can't tell you how much nicer it is to drive with the tank in the back and not having to hear all that noise. It's like driving something different lol. And it doesn't die when cornering.

Had it out in the rain yesterday. Have an issue with the wipers that needs sorted out.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Decided to park I next to the truck I drive today.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet build! thanks for all of the pictures

Quick Reply: 72 F-250 ls1 and 4l60e