Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1518 Code for DBW in PCM after Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P1518 Code for DBW in PCM after Swap

Got a swap I did in a 1967 Camaro, LS6, DBW, Tremec TKO500. It has a Torquer V2(iirc) and a partial dyno tune we did. The Waterpump failed on the dyno so we couldn't finish that day. Customer drove it fine for a few weeks, then it lost pedal after the Battery died. He said it would start, and run fine until he jumped on the pedal, after that the vehicle would stall. Restart and drive fine under part throttle. Babied it home and would only start and stall. It's got a hard P1518 Code Stored, I can Clear it and it'll come right back. All the APP Sensors seem to be working fine if I check them with the engine off. If I start the engine it stalls immediately or does not start at all.

I tested the Module and I Have proper voltage going in and coming out. I replaced the Module with one i had, no change. Replaced the Throttle Body with one I had, No change. Flashed another PCM with the tune for that car, no change. What am I missing? All the wiring seems fine. New PSI Conversion DBW Harness. New Module to Pedal Harness. All grounds are good. Anyone ever have this problem? Any insight is appreciated. I'm not sure if something is wrong with the pedal but I don't see that going out too often. Thanks in advance for the help. Mods if this isn't the right place please move it. Posted here since this is a swap car.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Check all wires from the pedal to the TAC and from the TAC to the throttle body. Somewhere in there you have a bad connection.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 33willys
Check all wires from the pedal to the TAC and from the TAC to the throttle body. Somewhere in there you have a bad connection.
Pretty much what I'm thinking, just have not had the chance to check that yet.

Quick Reply: P1518 Code for DBW in PCM after Swap