Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel tank conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Fuel tank conversion

Getting ready to move the pump/et al from my 14 Camaro SS donor into a stainless tank from Rick’s tank (70 Chevelle Malibu). Looking for info from anyone that has done this before. Here are a couple of pictures with annotation (for discussion reference) that show t he relative parts of the two tanks – first one is the new one and the second is the tank from the donor car.

Some assumptions and questions:
  1. “A” appears to be a ground connection?
  2. “B” and “C” are for venting, etc. - there was no instruction sheet in the box, but I was lead to believe this was true in a phone conversation with Rick.
  3. “D” obviously goes with “H”.
  4. “E” & “F” most likely are part of “K” because they connect to “K” via “L”. Obviously part of the smog control system.
  5. How critical is “K”? If I eliminate it, will I need to change some control module setting?
  6. “I” is where the filler hose used to connect.
  7. “M” is the transfer pump to move gas to the passenger side of the tank and will be eliminated – probably another control module setting).
Appreciate any feedback on this...

Many thanks,
Nick
Attached Thumbnails Fuel tank conversion-newtankannotated.jpg   Fuel tank conversion-oldtankannotated.jpg  
Old 10-16-2016, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Just occurred to me that you may want the context of this project.

Here's a link to my 2014 Camaro SS donor to 70 Malibu restomod project:
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/12-body-shop/794705-70-malibu-drastic-restomod-14-ss-camaro-donor.html

The L99, 6L80 and the entire electrical system along with the dash, interior and floor are moving into the 70.

Trying not to change anything and the tank/pump from the Camaro should be good to go...

Quick Reply: Fuel tank conversion