Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S10 clutch master cylinder swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 clutch master cylinder swap

I have a 98 s10 with a l33/t56 swap. Its a Spec stage 2 clutch. I have been at war with my clutch for months. I have pulled my transmission a few times. Replaced the slave 3 times, added 2 different spaces, added a remote bleeder, changed the stock master cylinde and now added a AN-3 braided line from the master to slave cylinder.
I found that the Camaro guys were raving about the tick master cylinders. I couldn't use a Camaro master and no one makes a aftermarket s10 master. so I saw that the tick performance master cylinder had a 7/8 bore and 1.1 stroke.
After some looking around I found this from Wildwood.
Wilwood
7/8 bore, 1.12 stroke.
I knew I could mount this to my firewall.
So I also picked up some oddball stuff to make it work.
1/8 90' AN-3
5/16-24sleeve nut
5/16-24x 1 1/2in bolt( cut the head off)
5/16-24 jam nut
5/16 female rod end. ( Press/knock the pivot ball out to make it 1/2in diameter) You can knock this ball out by turning the ball sideways.
All put together
New vs old
I just used a scrap peace of metal to make a Template for marking holes. (holes are 3/8)
I also made a steel back plate to reinforce the firewall more ( not needed)
It all went together fairly easy. if you have e some mechanical know how. Fits nice and snug. But fits none the less.
after that I just adjusted the female rod end to get the right throw. Then poof all my clutch issues went away. Now I can easily get reverse and 1st gear. Also all around better shifting.
I hope this helps someone out there.
Basically if you have a 98 or new t56, GET A AFTERMARKET MASTER CYLINDER!!!!!!! DONT MESS AROUND LIKE I DID.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Teching In

I have a 98 s10 as well with a t56, now its the 3rd time ive put the trans in, faceplated now but i have been wondering if this was possible... What part number master did you use?
Old 03-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Teching In

I am about to be putting a t56 in my 98 sonoma that has been an automatic all its life. When I ran across this topic it was just what I needed to see. Are you still happy with how it worked out? Is there anyway you can get me a total length of the master cylinder rod? I dont have a stock s10 master cylinder to compare it to.

Quick Reply: S10 clutch master cylinder swap