Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 fox starter wiring with B&M

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default LQ4 fox starter wiring with B&M

Researched through multiple sites and searched and compiling information to see if this is now correct.. B&M pro ratchet requires a neutral safety switch to be wired and this is what I have come up with. Using this schematic

White/pink goes to NSS changing to the red/blue that Is in the engine bay now. I will take pink/white BEFORE NSS and route it to the NSS on the shifter then back out to the starter relay. Now using this schematic

Heres where I go from here.

Battery to large post on relay with all other accessory wires, jumper the large post to the small post on solenoid with small guage wire, the red/blue wire with boot (now after the NSS). run large gauge wire to starter. I understand the small post on starter is a trigger but now gets left blank as the ford solenoid takes its place?

Trying desperately to figure out how (in the simplest way said) the Key activates all this. The accessories and alternator with fuse are hot at all times...okay... then the key turns and activates pink/white (red/blue) how?? then sends signal to the starter solenoid how?? then the solenoid with the red/blue now hot will activate the "low side" to the starter??

I think I understand the connections just trying to wrap my head around the "why" aspect at this point. Or are you guys using more this schematic with the constant hot to large terminal on starter and signal wire from "low side" of solenoid to small post on starter...

Last edited by sti lol; 03-07-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone?

Quick Reply: LQ4 fox starter wiring with B&M