Sponsored by:

Need some serious help please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some serious help please!

Hey guys,

I'm planning on doing a V8 swap into my S10. I want to put this base 350 Crate engine with VORTEC heads into it using the kits that are available from Lee's High Tech Trucks . Could someone tell me what all I need to do this? I'm wanting it to be fuel injected. See, I'm kinda new to all of this fuel injected stuff and don't know what all I need. Do I need to get the GM Vortec Manifold withe TBI?? If you can, when you give me the stuff that I need could you please include the manufacturer and possibly a part number for the item?

Thanks so much for the help!!!
twins0203
Old 09-03-2002, 04:45 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Need some serious help please!

what year is your s10? what engine does it have?

if you have a 4.3 with throttle body injection you have it really easy, all you have to do is get a computer and distributor from a v8 throttle body engine. thats it!, oh yea an intake for a v8 throttle body also.

if you have any other engine set up i would go strait for a ls1 out of a camaro or vette, you can get the whole driveline for around 3k(?) and then it is just a matter of geting it to fit, there are companys out there that sell most or all of what you will need to get it done. it wont be easy but it will run hard when you are done.

or... go with a carb. really easy.

i had a 89 s10 blazer with a zz3 crate moter and the stock throttle body injection set up.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Hey, I've got the 4.3L V6 S10. It's a 2001. So I can use the same throttle body injection system from my 4.3L on a 350, right?

Thanks for the help.
twins0203
Old 09-03-2002, 09:39 PM
single digit dreamer

i am not sure about that, my 89 had the TBI injection set up and i just threw it right onto the 350 but sometime later they started puting something called CPI(i think) on some of the 4.3, by 2001 they may have all had the CPI set up.

does your truck have an old style looking air filter, round like a carb set up would have right on top of the engine then you have it easy. if it has the new style with the rectangle filter off to the side then i don't know anything about that.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:42 AM
Teching In

Can I email you a pic of my motor? I thought that I had a pic of it on the net, but I guess I don't.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:48 PM
single digit dreamer

sure, send it. cobra99vert@aol.com

Quick Reply: Need some serious help please!