Sponsored by:

LS2 in 91 Z....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 in 91 Z....

I have a 91 Z 350TPI with a 5spd.
I want to put in a 6speed with a LS2 and all the goodies...
But is their clearance w/out any mods... i already had the steering column shaved for headers soo thats F'd right now.
also.... what kind of computer upgrades would be needed etc?

Old 10-14-2006, 12:06 PM
10 Second Club

your gonna need a new harness and computer, or you could get your harness reworked from speartech i know of a couple non sponsor places that sell headers for the swap but they are pricey. I think the only clearance problem is with the pass side coil packs with your a/c and blower motor housing but that can be fixed by using truck coils. I'm just learning on the swap myself so their may be easier ways.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do some looking around on this site as well as the engine swap forum at thirdgen.org... There is soooo much info on this swap and sooo many options for ways to accomplish it.

When you look through everything, if you still have questions...just be specific and we can help you out. I just finished my car so things are still fresh in my head. Trust me...there is enough info on this site alone to answer most if not all of your questions. Look through my threads if you want...there is some good info/disscussions in them. You will also find the other guys with LS1 thirdgens while looking through my posts.

Let us know if you still need some help!

Justin

P.S.... Im pretty sure if you get a 99-02 motor..you will have coil pack issues with number 8. But the 98 motors seem to clear due to the coil packs mounting right on the valve cover instead of using a bracket.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:55 AM
On The Tree

Go to Speartech.com and check out John's LS conversion in his third gen. He's the go to guy when it comes to your harness and computer upgrades.

Quick Reply: LS2 in 91 Z....