Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering line question....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering line question....

Well I am back from the dead, I dont think I have posted on here in nearly a year. I figure I will give a little update for those who may remember me. I have been pretty busy this past year workin my *** off to get into dental school...I just applied about a month ago so I have quite a few months before I know anything. Anyhow...I really havent had too much time to work on the car, but I drive it and clean it when I can. But now I am going to be getting a little more time to work on it so that leads me to my current question....

I have an rack and pinion from hawks and currently I dont have a power steering cooler. But I think I need one and since my low pressure PS line is leaky I figured it would be beneficial to redo the low pressure line adding a cooler.

My question is would it be sufficient to replace the low pressure line with rubber hose and barb fittings that some kits come with? Right now I have braided lines and it seems to be fine on the high-pressure side but leaks on the low pressure side. Or should I stick with the braided lines on the LP line?

Thanks for reading,

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don`t see a problem with using rubber power steering hose and hose clamps on the low pressure side. That is what most cars use from the factory. My PS box is plumbed like that. On the low pressure side it is just bulk hose that is hose clamped between the return side of the box and PS resivour(sp?) GM fittings are only single barbed, so the multi-barbed fittings should be more than sufficient.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Body
I don`t see a problem with using rubber power steering hose and hose clamps on the low pressure side. That is what most cars use from the factory. My PS box is plumbed like that. On the low pressure side it is just bulk hose that is hose clamped between the return side of the box and PS resivour(sp?) GM fittings are only single barbed, so the multi-barbed fittings should be more than sufficient.
Cool...thanks a lot! Hopefully it will work out well.