Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quicksilver shifter in a 68 camaro (1st Gen.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quicksilver shifter in a 68 camaro (1st Gen.)

I want to use a quicksilver shifter to control the 4L60E transmission. The B&M website mentions that you have to use an aftermarket controller. After searching the web for a while, I can't find any further info on why you have to use an aftermarket controller. I thought the 4L60E was similar to a 700R4? Has anyone else used a quicksilver shifter? Any help or suggestions?

Another quick question, I'm using electronic signal auto meter speedometer and tach. Does it matter if you wire the speedo in series or in parallel with VSS? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Default B & M Quick Silver

I am using a B&M Quicksilver on my swap, and the answer is no, you will not need a transmission controller-Your LS Pcm controls your tranny. But, you can use a aftermarket controller to have more shifts options and control, also I am planning on using paddle shifters so I need a controller to interface with the tranny, engine and paddle shifters. If you were using a 4L60E tranny on a Carbureted SBC, you would need a transmission controller. I am also using Autometer guages, If the answer is not posted, I have my electric guru Troy chime in with the answer.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Oh man, just checked the electrical schematic; the wire goes from the transmission to the ECU then to the speedo. Thanks for the reply, got the answer I wanted to hear
Old 07-04-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta love a happy ending!

Quick Reply: Quicksilver shifter in a 68 camaro (1st Gen.)