Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too good to be true?

I was at the syracuse nationals today, and there was a 96 Z28 there for sale.. It said on the sheet that he had an LS1 engine in it. It obviously meant that if it infact did have an LS1 in there, it woulda been swapped. He's also sellling the car for $4500. Nobody was around the car to talk to, and there was no phone number listed on the For sale sheet. I checked the odometer, and I think it had around 120,000 miles on it. I was thinking to myself.. What is wrong with the car?!?!! Or is it just a stupid F-Body owner who doesnt know what he has... Maby thought his LT1 was an LS1?? For $4500.. I kept thinking there had to be something wrong, But I was never able to find out today because I didnt see him at all around the car whenever I looked. I'm only going to be serious looking at it tommrow if it is infact an LS1 car. If its an LT1.. I'm just going to point and laugh. But tommrow though, what should I look for if in fact it is an LS1. $4500 is extremely cheap.. And I'm almost expecting something wrong, but if there isnt, this may be the deal of a lifetime! I never owned an LS1.. But what should I check and be aware of when I look at the car? Any thoughts/comments on the subject.. I really dont know anything about the car, other than its a 96 Camaro, around 120,000 miles, claims to have an LS1, T-Tops, and is for sale at $4500. Need second opinions on the subject. I'm going to check it out tommrow, and thats when I should probibly have made this post. But I was also wondering what to look out for. Especially being an engine swap...
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

not sure what you mean but the ls1 looks completely different then an lt1. The ls1 intake is plastic and the exhaust ports are different. if you want to know what to look for as far as the quality of the swap. We'll there could be a hundred reasons he's selling it cheap.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Teching In

typo? S instead of T... but ya you should be able to tell as soon as the hood is popped which is it...and make him turn it on if it just so happens to be planted with an LS1... for starters
Old 07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

I know what an LS1 looks like.. I know what an LT1 looks like. Its not that I didnt know what they looked like, its that I've never owned one, and didnt know what common things to look for that could be wrong with the LS1s. Anyways, It ended up being an LT1, not an LS1 like he stated. I saw him today, asked him to open the hood, and sure enough, There was a LT1 under the hood, and it was not in good shape. Pretty much what I expected though. I told him to change his advertisement, because its wrong, but insisted that he was right.. My friend was sitting there laughing soo hard because of his stupidity... If it was an honest mistake, and he didnt know the differance, thats one thing, but to insist you have something when its completely wrong, and dont listen to others, then I laugh. If he would not have been soo sure of himself, listened, and noticed I was right, maby I would still have been interested in the car. Anyways, My friend then jumped in and told him that his "LS1" was infact an LT1 also. I then walked away, and didnt bother looking at it any further. I figured he probibly didnt maintain it too well, didnt clean it, and didnt know what he would be talking about if I asked him questions.