Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't start 04 GTO motor in 66 Nova, does the fuel line need pressure to tun over

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start 04 GTO motor in 66 Nova, does the fuel line need pressure to tun over

When I flip the ignition switch everything turns on I hear the fuel pump run for about 2 seconds and a couple relays click on, but when I put the purple wire to 12v positive orange wire, nothing happens,

the check engine light is on, and it says low coolant but it is filled all the way so I'm not sure about this, I do not have fuel in the tank, does the fuel line need pressure to tun over.

I read the pcm with HPtuners and wrote a new file to it with the Vats Cags and rear O2's dissabled.

Then I tried the Scanner program it scanned successfully but could not find where or how to get the trouble codes, or does it need to run first?

I have all the diagrams from alldata.

I have everything from the donor car installed fuel pump , all PCMS, BCM's even the gauge cluster.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the check engine light is on becuase the car is not on(thats my guess), you said you have zero fuel pressure?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

could be that the vats system isnt firing the fuel pump hot wire. let me know!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
could be that the vats system isnt firing the fuel pump hot wire. let me know!
The fuel pump primes up when I hit the ignition.

The starter wont start because the computer wont throw the ground required for the relay to trigger the starter, I went ahead and grounded the relay and the car turned over, but I would like this to work correctly because the car will start in gear, like this.

There are three things according to starting elec diagrams that are required for it to start and i checked them all.