Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to LS6 Conversion....HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 to LS6 Conversion....HELP!!!!

Heres the deal...a guy came into my work and we started talkin about it hopped-up 05 Z06. Basically he has original complete Z06 Heads,Z06 Cam, Z06 Intake Manifold, F.A.S.T. 90mm Intake manifold, Comp Cams Pushrods, and Z06 rocker arms (I believe 1.8's). He said he would sell all this for $1k. My question is how much of a bear would it be to install and get everything tuned right in my '04 M6 GTO?????
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak for you, but that's not a bad price for those parts, assuming that they are the real deal. And I'm a little suspect, since GM didn't build '05 Z06's. The C5 ZO6 stopped in '04. And the C6 ZO6 didn't start until '06.

I'd suggest you verify that the parts are what he says they are. Check out casting numbers and such. If he's on the level, then worry about putting it on the car.

A cam swap will be pretty involved. After all, you've got to either pull the motor or everything off the front of the motor and have about 22"+ in front to get the cam out. And without the camshaft, the heads / intake will make some additional power, but not to its full potential. And if you're going to all the trouble of doing a cam swap, you might put something with more lobe in it. It's your call, though.

'JustDreamin'