Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help installing a LQ4 into a 65 Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help installing a LQ4 into a 65 Chevelle

Wanted to see if anyone had experience,knowledge of installing a LS motor into a 1st Generation "A" Body?I checked other threads for help but no dice,I wrote user ChevelleLS1 and no reply.
Here are my concerns

Headers,I can not find headers for 64-65 cars,66 up I can find all day long.I think Street and Performance has some 3/4 length ones but I have not had a very pleasant experience so far with S&P and don't want to spend $700 for headers.I would think some 3/4 lenght Camaro or Corvette would work?

Accessory drives,I know the F Body stuff will not work with the alternator hitting my steering gear box.I was wondering if Y body(Corvette) would work?The alternator mounts high and to the left.I can get GM parts at wholesale and would much rather use a OE system where parts are avail anywhere vs. a custom set up and I want to keep an oe look vs. the S&P street rod billet aluminum look.

Any help would be appreciated.
Troy
Old 08-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hooker headers makes a full length just go to swaps on the hooker site. as assecries it depends somtimes what mounts you use and if your notching the frame or not can;t really tell you there I will be doing a swap soon. I got the mounts and thats it on the swap

Quick Reply: Help installing a LQ4 into a 65 Chevelle